MasterCam training manuals

For those who are designing the training for MasterCam, I have a number of training manuals for MasterCam X3 that could be used as an outline for some operations.
Yes, I know. The manuals are really old but may be useful for as a guide on organizing what you will teach. I’d be happy to loan them.
Best,
Jim

4 Likes

Great resources. I would be interested in borrowing the Solids book. I don’t use the solids portion much since we generally start from a STEP file model but it could work for adding a fixture picture. Cheers!

how do I get it to you?
I will be in the machine shop this afternoon.
Jim

well I will be there Friday and Saturday. However, I also have a personal bin in the bin land located by Electronics. It’s got my name on it and is against the wall about eye level. You can always leave it there. THanks in advance. cheers!

Nick,

You are a saint!

:blush:

I will put the solids book in your bin on Wednesday.

Thank you for_ all_ you do for DMS.

Truly,

Best,

Jim

1 Like

thank you. I like teaching. Wish I could do it full time.
cheers!

1 Like

The MCAM Solids book is in you bin.

Best,

Jim

got it. thank you. InHouse solutions seem to be the best source for tutorials.
Cheers!

MTLmanglr
October 28

The MCAM Solids book is in you bin.

Best,

Jim

Speaking of which. II bought a new laptop to run it in something bigger than 640 x 480, but with Windows 10, the graphics are not always good. Some popup windows crop off important text, etc. So I downloaded the Mastercam 2022 demo version. But it won’t export gcode. Or dxf files. So, does Makerspace run this version of Mastercam somewhere? and, if so, does a licensed version of Mastercam open educational formatted files? I should find out before I get deeper into the tutorials.

If I understand correctly, DMS is in the process of purchasing several “seats” for MCAM.
some of these seats will be accessible remotely, i.e., from home. I do not know the timeline for this to happen.
Best,
Jim