Massage Chair in digital media room

So what’s the deal with the massage chair in digital media?

So far I see it taking up a lot of space and what appear to be people sleeping on it.

You are just jealous that Metal Shop doesn’t have one. :stuck_out_tongue:
Actually, I didn’t know about it … calling @Team_Digital_Media

Sometimes a van can’t hold it all

3 Likes

I think @andrewboerder brought it in for a VR Relaxation thing for the weekend, during the Brother Hackathon.

1 Like

Well they need to remove it as at least two people were observed sleeping in it just on Sunday morning.

1 Like

Did whoever observed them sleeping go tell them that there is no sleeping allowed?

I believe they were, I was stuck at the laser for a 2+ hour raster job. Never doing that again!

1 Like

I seem to remember @Kriskat30 telling me that an exception was made for the Hackathon and sleeping was allowed for that event.

The chair will be removed today.

2 Likes

That definitely was not me btw

We have two Andrew B’s.

Perhaps this is @anonymous_bosh?

Hi folks!

Yep, the massage chair was donated to my digital media SIG for haptic parts and it’s approved by our committee and our chair so it’s all kosher. Until someone shows me the “no nice / comfortable things allowed” rule, we will just simply enforce the “no sleeping” one and continue to encourage generous donators. Regardless, the chair is imminently destined for its interesting afterlife as a robot. Just wait until you see the couch we have planned though!

I’ll be in digital media all day tomorrow to answer any questions in person :slight_smile:

3 Likes

boooooo! :stuck_out_tongue:

Code of Conduct
7. Sleeping within DMS is not permitted. Naps are not prohibited, provided the nap is less than 20 minutes in length, and the member is not laying down in a prone position. Sleeping will onl be considered a nap while in the upright sitting position.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Code_of_Conduct

Classy.

You could just take it apart and use way less room if you are going to be turning it into a robot anyway

1 Like