Marquetry Class Sept 6-8th

Hello my name is Wayne Delyea and I am new DMS member. I am also teaching an upper beginner 3 day class in Marquetry on Fri Sept 6-8th at DMS I wanted to introduce myself to the membership and share a little about myself. I am a full time furniture Maker In Granbury Tx. and have been teaching bi-monthly Marquetry classes at the Austin School of Furniture & Design this year and thought I would also teach a few classes closer to home. At this class I will provide all tools and supplies as well as the veneers for you to complete a nice panel that can be incorporated into a box or a small cabinet. The class is 4 hrs Fri Sept 6 6pm-10pm, Sat &Sun 9am-6pm with 1 hr for lunch. Tickets are available on Eventbrite with $50 discount for members use code DMS19. I hope to See you at the class and around the shop.

5 Likes

would we need to have any certifications on woodshop equipment or is everyone eligible for this class?

1 Like

Hello my name is Wayne Delyea and I am new DMS member. I am also teaching an upper beginner 3 day class in Marquetry on Fri Sept 6-8th at DMS I wanted to introduce myself to the membership and share a little about myself. I am a full time furniture Maker In Granbury Tx. and have been teaching bi-monthly Marquetry classes at the Austin School of Furniture & Design this year and thought I would also teach a few classes closer to home. At this class I will provide all tools and supplies as well as the veneers for you to complete a nice panel that can be incorporated into a box or a small cabinet. The class is 4 hrs Fri Sept 6 6pm-10pm, Sat &Sun 9am-6pm with 1 hr for lunch. Tickets are available on Eventbrite with $50 discount for members use code DMS19. I hope to See you at my class and around the shop.

6 Likes

That’s a wonderful offering

2 Likes

Thank you Nick I am very excited to be doing this

Wayne Delyea

1 Like

Great question You do not need certifications we will discuss the safe use of the razor sharp hand tools and the blades we use in the scrollsaw are quite safe.

Wayne Delyea

3 Likes

No we will discuss the use and handling of these very specific tools during the class including the use of the scroll saw.

Heh Nick thanks for the kind words. I am not having much response to this class and I would very much appreciate suggestions and feedback. Happy Trails

Wayne Delyea

I just looked and saw it isn’t on the DMS calendar. Even if it is thru eventbrite it needs to be on the calendar for people to find it and then they can go to EV to pay for it. @Mrksls2 has more experience at doing classes like that. cheers!

2 Likes

FWIW … I’m able to view the classes on the calendar system …

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/13686
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/13684
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/13685

1 Like

Tickets will be on sale until 6:00pm Wednesday Sept 4th and if the minimum of 3 students is met at that time sales will continue until noon The day of the first class Friday Sept 6th. Maximum is 8 students total. Please go to Eventbrite and sign up. DMS members use code DMS19.

Tickets will be on sale until 6:00pm Wednesday Sept 4th and if the minimum of 3 students is met at that time sales will continue until noon The day of the first class Friday Sept 6th. If not I will unfortunately have to cancel the class due to personal costs. Maximum of the class is 8 students total. Please go to Eventbrite and sign up. DMS members use code DMS19.
image image image I hope to see you there. Happy Labor Day.

1 Like

We have 4 tickets available for this weekends 3 day class. You still have time to sign up on Eventbrite the first class begins at 6:00pm Friday Sept 6th. Use code DMS19 for $100 member discount.

3 Likes

Hooray! Sorry that Meetup didn’t appear to help that much.

1 Like

Thanks for your help Eric

Wayne Delyea

1 Like