Mark your calendars - MAY 27th 5:30-7:30 1st annual member picnic

So details to come but the pavilion is rented and we are locked in -
Mary Heads Park in Carrollton (about 10ish minutes away).

May 27th 5:30-7:30 (Saturday)
Posters will be up around the space next week.

Please make sure to mark your calendars.

Please help us estimate the amount of food/activities for the day. By entering information. The only reason I’m asking for an email is so I can email out when things are set in stone. I have no desire to abuse that.

If you are a big eater please realistically estimate how many servings you will be eating by adding an additional serving or two. We don’t want to short people food because of mis-judging on the sizes of the hunger

Corrected link:

5 Likes

Done. If I have something I can bring, I will. Maybe I can talk myself into making some homemade ice cream for it.

1 Like

OMGGGGGG! YAS.
So based on the price I got from a caterer it seems it might be a good choice to go with them for the meat. It’s not all that much more. I really am appreciative of your willingness to help and slay over a grill for makerspace.

1 Like

So just so everyone is in the know - based on the cater it was $150 more to have it catered based on the numbers I prepped - that’s why we are leaning that way. I love a good hamburger like you don’t know but for $150 to stop a group of people shopping, shlepping, cooking, cleaning ect. seemed like a wonderful value and a good use of time. This was only for the meats, rolls, relishes, potato salad so pretty bare bones. I’m really trying to make it best for everyone. I hope you understand - if you don’t thats ok too. they are looking at vegetarian options as well. With this we would bring the sides. I don’t think it’s a bad plan but it’s not perfect. If you have concerns please talk to me, if you have issues without solutions please whisper them into your hand and put them outside and I’ll hear them when they float over to me.

Chris pointed out it’s a small amount of meat per serving. I agree. I’m looking at Dicky’s.

Anyone please feel free to also contact and get quotes! Please. I can give you all the details you need. This just needs to be done quickly.

5 Likes

I say ditch the potato salad and request more meat for the same price. I think sides and dessert shouldn’t be a problem for members to bring. Thanks again for your time/effort

3 Likes

I agree potato salad is good but can be easily and inexpensively made - plus it’s a badge of honor for someone to like your potato salad. Working with Stephen the meat man to make it the best we can for everyone. Thanks for the hookup and the positivity for this event! I think it will be fun!

3 Likes