March VECTOR Meeting: 3/19/20 7 PM

Hey folks, join us next Thursday, March 19, as we’re making frantic last-minute preparations for Texas Pinball Festival, while trying to simultaneously service other interests! Calendar link is here: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15673 Be there or be a square pinball!

And for those of you unaware, Texas Pinball Festival is a convention uniting pinball enthusiasts nationwide, with about 400 games of all eras (including some arcade games, and brand new machines being revealed publicly for the first time) set to free play and accessible to anyone. Besides games, folks from the industry will be giving conference talks on a variety of topics, and celebrities featured in pinball games of the past will be making appearances. TPF is the last weekend of this month, March 27-29, at the Frisco Convention Center. Unless you’re the family from Frisco with coronavirus, then it was back in February, and you’ll have to catch it next year; sorry about that. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Nevertheless, I’ll be on patrol for anyone sneezing all over our games or not washing their hands coming out of the bathroom. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

In light of the public health emergency in Dallas County, it is likely we will not want to meet in person. I was thinking of providing a conferencing link closer to the meeting time, but seeing the news, I have generated this one now:

This shall be our meeting space for the VECTOR committee meeting next Thursday. If you go to DMS for the meeting, please don’t forget to click on this link to join the video conference.

Also, TPF 2020 was cancelled yesterday. It is likely we will also hold off on doing classes until this passes. We will go over project updates and get a feel for how much folks will continue utilizing the space during this time. Maybe we could still meet 1:1, if desired, to work on anything specific on the games currently at VECTOR.

4 Likes

pretty good way to have a meeting. Let us know how it works out.

1 Like

If you want to use Webex instead, let me know and we can use my private room.

That sounds dirty lol.

1 Like

FYI Every member has a Google Meet account, it has dial in, but most importantly video meetings etc do not require installing anything as it runs natively in the browser.

1 Like

I can either generate a meeting ID or just jump into the room assigned to my user ID (private room) at any time. You make of it what you want to make of it. My employer doesn’t condone it’s use in the way you are hinting at.

I would suggest sticking with Google meet. No software required, we already have it licensed for every member of DMS, no messing with usage of a company’s license, etc.

Yeah, frankly I went in with my DMS email (which I think any member can sign up for a DMS GSuite account†) and set it up through there. Might as well use the services provided, and then it can be tracked by DMS, but thanks Raymond for offering the WebEx alternative.

† The Gsuite account is only required for scheduling Meets – not attending them.

Attendees: Stephen, Stacy, Robert, Nathan
Unfortunately, this committee meeting happened the day after DMS was closed for the COVID-19 pandemic.

7:05: Call to order.
7:06 - With Robert & Nathan being new members, and since they had just brought in games before the shutdown, we had general discussions about VECTOR, and got to know each other.
7:35 - Meeting adjourned.