Maple tree sections available - you haul (claimed)

Am a new member and don’t think I can post anything but I can reply.
A miscommunication between myself and poor English speaking tree trimmer ended up with my 35 year old Maple being fully taken down. I have trunk sections about 24 inch in diameter. Please contact me if you want some of it. I cannot haul it. It is in Grand Prairie.
Please direct me if there is a better way to announce this.

3 Likes

Awesome offer!
I’ll ask @Team_Moderators to spin it into its own thread for you, for more eyes on and less confusion. But even if they don’t get to it, awesome offer; sorry for the loss of your tree, but maybe we can see it go on to great things in new ways!

1 Like

@jeffhess, do you happen to know what type of maple tree it was (suger, hard, silver, sycamore, etc.)?

Id be happy to help cut it into manageable pieces and load if someone is willing to donate a truck.

4 Likes

Where in Grand Prairie is it? I have a old Suburban that just loves to haul wood.
Feel free to private message me.

2 Likes

I would love to have some, and help with the cutting, if anyone makes the trip please let me know at [email protected]

I’m avail to help as well. @jeffbob will give me a lift :smirk:

1505 Gentle Wind Arlington
Wood is on curb
This is my rental property, I will not be there unless I you need me there and I know when you will be there. I live about 15 min away.
Call me at 972 365 4119

Will the city be picking up if it is not picked up within a certain time?
Can you send me a pic so I can determine how to load?
thanks,

Jeff,

Good talking to ya. John and I will try and come by in the next couple of days and harvest it. We will drop it off at Makerspace on the way back.

John, give me a call and let me know your schedule or email me.
I am out of pocket tonight and tomorrow night.

1 Like

I do green woodcarving and would love to stop by and grab some of it from either the property or DMS

I had something come up and I may not be able to go and pick any up.
It would have to be a Sunday. If anyone is going to get some don’t worry about me. All I was going to do is drop it off at Makerspace. I have plenty or wood at the house.

I can help around 8 or 9 on Sunday if it’s still around.

Is there someway you can check on Saturday to let me know.
I can make arrangements to do this Sunday.
I need to break out my chain saws and get them running for the fall any ways…

Jeff Whitcomb

“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

If the Maple harvest is still a go on Sunday Morning, please let me know if you need help.

We are all good. I will be bringing it to the space after I load it.

3 Likes

Thank you for doing this!

1 Like

Sorry for delay, Jeffbob picked it up Sunday morning and has delivered it to the woodshop area. I was asked what kind of Maple this is. I don’t know but would like to. If you get over there and can identify it, please pass the info on to me.
The tree was downed around Aug 1. I also would LOVE a picture of your finished piece. My wife was upset when it went down and might get some comfort in seeing items it has ben turned into.
Thanks for your interest, happy carving!

1 Like

THANKS THANKS THANKS AGAIN JEFF !!!
I could not have moved this without you. If you make anything with it, I’d love a picture of it.

1 Like

Jeff, do you happen to have any pictures of the leaves on the tree?