Making something for my Gun

Is it OK if I 3d print a clip to hold two magazines together for my FN PS90?

Strictly speaking it’s for your detachable magazines which are not considered arms. That being said, if you were in another state, there would be issues with the magazine capacity.

I’ve always liked the p90 since watching Stargate SG1.

Do you have caliper measurements for the spacing? LxWxH for 1 magazine and then the space needed between the 2?

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with printing out a P90 Dual Mag Clip for your P90 airsoft gun.

The DMS policy re: working on firearms (https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/File:Dallas_Makerspace_Policy_on_Working_on_Firearms-20180618.pdf) does not apply to airsoft weapons or other “devices that propel a projectile by means of mechanically stored energy…”

4 Likes

I wanna shoot that!

3 Likes

Clipping two magazines together does not alter their capacity. I used to live in the People’s republik of New Jersey, where they had one of the strictest magazine capacity regulations in the country, and they had no restrictions on attaching two 15 round (recently changed to 10 round) magazines together. Of course, possession of just one P90 magazine itself is a felony, with a minimum 18 month prison sentence and up to a $10,000 fine, whether or not you own the firearm or ammunition.

When I was in the jungles of Viet Nam in the early 1970’s we used duct tape to connect two M-16 magazines back to back. Of course I did not have to worry about being fined, just tried to stay alive. I had 3 tours in Viet Nam. I do not own any guns, been there, done that. Lost my hearing and a lot of friends.

7 Likes

Thank you for your service.

3 Likes