Making DMS Keyring FOBs More Robust

Maybe something like this in ninjaflex?

1 Like

Silly suggestion - put your DMS door fob in your “take to DMS” bag/kit instead of on your EDC keyring. Mine was with my little toolbox, safety goggles and ear plugs, and my “take to DMS” thumbdrive. If I got to DMS without my fob, it probably meant I got to DMS without anything to work on or with.

2 Likes

How about we have a ring class so people can make rfid jewelry to wear? I really want to make a ring to hold the rfid antenna for my Tesla, but would love if it could do both my DMS and Tesla rfids (if I can fit 2 antennas). :heart_eyes:

Anyone willing to teach me how to turn a ring or make one out of metal in jewelry? :crossed_fingers:

https://www.teslaring.com/

1 Like

Somebody made a fob ring in 3D fab once…

Except I want something pretty though. :smirk: :wink:

1 Like

Embed one of the injectable tags in resin? Or use a chip liberated from one of the cards.

I think the guy with the ring had liberated a chip… And, maybe $.25 for a fob, vs $25 or so for the injectable…

2 Likes

@apparently_weird made a leather ring that he embedded an injectable RFID into. It kinda looked like a superhero ring, though, vs. a “pretty” ring.

So you’re saying superheroes make bad jewelry choices? :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like

Lovely, but DMS is 125 kilohertz, while the ntag213’s are the ~13.5 megahertz.

Just a random example to illustrate the existence of premade rings, I don’t know the DMS RFID specs.

I know there are premade rings out there, but they’re usually only 1 frequency. I would need one that’s 2 different frequencies (DMS & my car). Besides, I like the idea of designing and making my own. Why buy when you can make it yourself? :wink: :rofl: