Making 100 ish leather luggage tags on the cheap

Hello,

I am trying to acquire about 100 or so luggage tags which I want to give as wedding favors. I would like to foil emboss on one side. How feasible is it to make that amount for less than $3 per item?

Tell me if you think this is possible, if not why not, better options than making them,or offers/quotes to make them. I think this would need to me a PM though.

1 Like

Not sure about the foil for the embosser machine, but $3< for leather, embossing foil and split ring should be easily done under $3 unless it’s something rare like Unicorn hide.

1 Like

Shhhhhh don’t let on we have a source for unicorn hide. #dmssecrets

4 Likes

Rumor is there will be two BIG stallions around here soon, any truth to this?

3 Likes

Might check with Jordan re: the bookmark wedding favors. You can see them here in the show’n’tell thread from March.

I know nothing about doing the foil embossing (on any surface) but the embosser I think we still have can probably do it…

1 Like

Paper Arts in the Deep Ellum district in downtown Dallas has a clearance rack of various foils right now that might work for you, and very cheap prices.

2 Likes

Do we have a foil embosser?

DID have.
Don’t know if STILL have…

1 Like

We still have it in ca. It’s in one of the cubes.

1 Like

Do you have a photo of the type of tag you want to make?

1 Like

there are only a couple of fonts available for it. no figure stamps.

1 Like

I can say from experience that the embosser works great on leather, however the foil doesn’t hold up in my case. Here is a shot from the inside of my wallet. 4 oz leather laser cut. I decided to emboss my name and a made by. Made by used gold foil name only used pressure/heat.

4 Likes