MakerSpace Bee Hive make our own honey?

Did you get your bees removed? I’d consider putting a bee escape on your house to capture the bees and take them with me. It would take a while, but would not damage your house beyond anything necessary to block all bee access.

Jerry Kassebaum

1 Like

Trap outs are an excellent way to get the bees, but you’ll still want to get the comb and honey as it will invite even less desirable critters to take up residence.

The trap sounds like a great idea, then I can work on geting the comb and honey out when I
I have a little more time

After a while the bees would be allowed back in to rob the honey. There would be no need to break your house.

Robbing should never be encouraged, once a hive learns it they will continue to pray on weaker hives

I would be very interested in contributing my time to both a beehive and a community garden.

I’ve never read that encouraging robbing will train bees to be bad. What is your source? They all die in a month or two. Do you think they teach The Next Generation?

http://www.bushfarms.com/beesrobbing.htm

1 Like

A basic truism… 12345689

I used to do bee removals for a living, trap outs are fine but they are not a permanate solution for the home owner. Even if you close it up, critters are likely to get into the old hive and every spring there’s a chance a swarm will find it and occupy it again. I have trade secrets I used to use to be able to put a lifetime warranty on my work.

1 Like

I have a lead on a hive that needs removal, ground level, no working on a ladder. If you have an empty hive, a good way to move a hive, a suit and gloves contact me ASAP to learn how to do a cut out and get some free bees.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha, freebees.

4 Likes

The entrance to my hive is where the power line goes int to the wasll

If I can get rid of them, maybe over the summer I will have money to
replce the wall tiles and finde something, This has been an on going
problem for several years, And since I leave the back door open so
the dog can come and go,we get bees coming in the house mostly at
night, I have gotten stung sitting on my computer and I think the biggest
surprise when I grabbed the milk carton out of the fridge and got stung
by a bee on the handle, I really don t want to kill them we need bees

The Bees are Swarming

2 Likes

I have a box ready and live in Carrollton

1 Like

I think I have a perfect place for the bee’s! Let me know

If we make our own honey then can we use some of that to make mead? I’ll be glad to teach the course.

1 Like

Just bringing this back from the dead, I have started drawing up plans for a free DIY scrap wood beehive

4 Likes

when are you going to be at the space next? I would love to see what you have come up with so far

2 Likes