Makers Make~ Call for entries~ Start entering now!

Now open and ready to take info: http://goo.gl/forms/j0nOkH7XnP

We want a chance to display and celebrate some of the stunning things created here by our members. So we are doing just that. This is a celebration of making and makers.
Our first show of many to come.
I want to encourage you to participate. I want you to ask questions. I want you to come to the opening and see and be awed. I want you to feel the excitement as people admire your work.
Basic Details:
Each member can submit up to 3 works.
You must understand we might cut works based on the space available.
No theme. Open to all media (and we know it’s going to be vast)

Submission dates will be May 23 and 26th
The opening will be on May 29th 6p

To enter you must fill out this form: http://goo.gl/forms/j0nOkH7XnP
And come with your work on the days listed and sign off on a few forms. More information to come!

5 Likes

dont forget bosslady to change the wording from competition to exhibition :wink:

1 Like

Done and done!!! Now we just need to shoot some fire into the pants of members and get them submitting works!

Makers: Make

ARTIST’S ELIGIBILITY
DMS Members Only

ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS
Media is open
This show will not have a theme and is an open call for entries.
Anything that will be hung on a wall must be framed, matted or mounted with appropriate with hanging hardware affixed to the back.
We welcome and encourage participants to submit 2D, 3D, electronic and unclassified works. The only restriction will be made regarding the amount of space we have for display.
All artwork must be suitable for display.
Artists can enter up to three works.
Based on limited space we reserve the right to deny some works to hang.

ARTWORK RESTRICTIONS
No reproductions of original artwork
No mature content that is deemed inappropriate for public display.
Works requiring electricity or special requirement must have accompanying instruction or the artist must set it up themselves.
Works weighing more than 50 lbs will need to be set up and moved by the artist

SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Artists may submit up to three (3) works.
Each piece must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title and size.
Artwork must be brought to Dallas Makerspace by May 23 or 26th to the interactive classroom and checked in by a volunteer.
At delivery a responsible party must sign a release.
DMS and show organizers won’t be responsible for damaged or stolen items.
Artwork must be removed from DMS by Sunday June 28th 11pm after the 28th all remaining works will be considered DMS property and will be considered donations to the space.

This is not and cannot be a sale motivated event.

So just to be clear… We can submit the form up through the day we bring our piece(s) in; and, the two days set aside to receive our art are on: May 23rd and May 26th?

For the Art Exhibit, I posted on the following Dallas Makerspace Social Media pages:

Dallas Makerspace Blog
http://dallasmakerspace.org/2015/05/makers-make-art-showcase-opening-may-29th-6pm/

Facebook

Google+

Twitter

Instagram
( https://instagram.com/p/2uqK23vUAm )

Please “like”, “+1”, “retweet”, “share”, etc…

1 Like

Where in the space will the artwork be displayed?

I’m sorry I’ve been traveling this weekend so I’ve been away from technology on purpose.
Yes- you can submit all the information online up till (and actually on) the day you deliver the work. This just helps us keep it all organized in one area and also allows the art tags to remain in a consistent format.

Wonderful - I’ve also submitted it to Observer, Art + Seek, A kid centered website, I had the information sent to all the art teachers in Carrollton and I also forwarded the information to the writer of the Carrollton paper.

We will begin in the larger communal area (I believe they call it classroom #2) and after that is down we will branch out to the other walls in the space. We were going to place all the work in the hands-on classroom with it’s white walls it was a good choice but two of the walls are concrete so we had to think outside the box. We will see how much of makerspace we will take over.

1 Like

If I want to enter some jewelry pieces, should I have them in frames or what? One of them will lend itself to being in a frame easily, one of the others could be and the third (the one I am thinking about) won’t really look right in a frame. I need to know if I need to switch it for another one.

I may try to get up Thurs night and pay dues—I have been traveling to shows a lot and just too little time at home.

Somehow they need to be secure. They will be living at the space until late June so somehow please make sure they are suitable to be viewed/be secure.

Hey Andrew- you can unpin this now.
Thank you!

Next show info on it’s way.

1 Like