Makerfaire great things discussion

A smaller group of us made our way over to Cali this weekend for the Bay Area makerfaire. It was great fun. On this thread I thought it would be good to discuss ideas and things presented that we saw. @themitch22 has a solid story to share.

Lasercut (thicker) paper & copper passed thru a rolling mill. Simple awesome idea right.

8 Likes

I guess I had a thing for laser cut gizmos this weekend. These two stood out for me. I’m sure I’ll dabble with them soon.

5 Likes

We can do that here, Coul helped me with the laser part of this several weeks ago

I would love to get more folks interested in doinbg thisn

1 Like

Would you recommend others make the trek? Is the time and cost worth the expense? I’m considering a future event since I used to live in the Bay Area.

I’m an unfair person to ask. Adventures and experiences over stuff - so the answer to going somewhere and doing something interesting is always always always yes.

2 Likes

Next year i’m planning on adding a couple more days to the trek, just so i can get more experiences out there. Recommend it, personally

1 Like

I’ve done everything there is to do out in the Bay Area. I was speaking specifically about the cost and value of Makerfaire alone. :slight_smile:

It’s worth it for me, that’s the only way I think I can answer that.

It’s a $40 ticket $30 for Friday or $10 if you’re a teacher
I can usually find a ticket to San Fran or Oakland (if I hunt) for under $200 I wasn’t that lucky this year because I needed to adhere to a strict schedule for my son.

1 Like