Maker Made Holiday Fair Sign Up

it was changed to pinned in this category.

It would be better to pin an Ad for the event, and it’s details, globally.

what info in particular? we cant see the form to know what details are needed?

Or I can just hit up @dryad2b later on this evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have put out an ad on facebook and meetup. Once we know how many vendors we will have we will pay to promote the FB ads. I will be printing flyers tonight for around the space and will post the file for others to see print and drop at various locations. We are working on this from multiple angles but if anyone is interested in writing press releases and getting those out that would be great.

2 Likes

Who is collecting the money for the tables? @dryad2b ?

Yes. $10, cash or check. DMS doesn’t really have a good non-committee way to take cards. I’ll probably be in the Common Room…

1 Like

Beth I’ll want a table but it’s not clear the date here either

Here is the flyer that is circulating around. There are paper copies in common room, as well as promoted as event on our Facebook page.

4 Likes

Can we add some of the types of items avail? Ceramic goods, Leather goods, wood ___ , jewelry, Art works…

@dryad2b and @mrjimmy should have a partial list as well as a number of vendors as of now.

can we go ahead and make this a post in a search-engined, accessible to the public thread here on Talk (in addition to the other outlets youuns might be choosing to use?)

1 Like

Since this is just the sign up I wouldnt make it public. However any marketing post about it could be.

1 Like

I meant JJ’s poster, in particular (and although I’m willing and able, I was more hoping to needle our PR person into doing it… :wink: )

1 Like

it is amazing how quickly the googles pick it our content. I did a search for CCN2053R. First hit was our page. (the correct model is Consew CN2053R) That was a talk post only a few days old.

We should create a new post for this event.

1 Like

Yep. I’ve searched phone numbers on google that people posted here, and within minutes it’s in the search engine.

Done. And more characters

2 Likes

Thank you. And as far as publicity we have had it for a few days on our Facebook page as an upcoming event.

1 Like

yet no one calls me :frowning: Except for car warranties.

2 Likes

We can also post flyers on community bulletin boards like Starbuck’s and Panera.

Are there printed flyers somewhere? The colors are beautiful, but they would drain my inkjet in a hurry.

2 Likes

I can send you the file and you can print them at dms. We printed 50 the other night and left in common room so some may ne left but I doubt it.

1 Like

Also, keep in mind that Saturday is also Small Business Saturday. So if you know any businesses that participate in this, they may be a good option as I do know plenty partake in this movement and could be a good way to get the name out: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/shop-small/

1 Like

@apparently_weird sometimes the sparks in my brain are a bit delayed. I remember in the past Fort Worth Makers has somehow gotten their events promoted through Art and Seek which I think is a subsidiary of KXT/KERA. Not sure what the requirements are for getting the event published to their calendar, but may want to consider.

3 Likes