Maker guts old pinball machines

3 Likes

Funny you should post this I just picked up parts to do this with.

I went to the Loveland,CO MiniMaler Faire last fall (2016) and saw what I think was this guy’s exhibit.

4 Likes

Uber cool. I think these would be great training aids for classes on VECTOR rebuilds.

1 Like

Funny you say that !!! I just picked up some spare parts so that we can do some of these displays

1 Like

I do like how he has one transformer for the parts

ooooo, ooooo, ooooo. love it.

Who wants to help me build some?

1 Like

That would be fun - count me in.

1 Like

I have hundreds of pounds of pinball parts that we can find some of the mechanisms needed. The way he built his is exactly what I have been wanting to build for a while.

Note he also had illustrations for each module to show what was going on.

I think as an interactive display as well as awesome training aides these would be tough to beat. And generate interest for VECTOR.

I’d love to more about these as they are items/components I’d like to integrate into some other projects.

will lets find time and ill teach you about them

1 Like

Wow this really is the perfect interactive display of pinball mechanisms. Press the button, see it work, has a printout explaining the process. Really neat.

I picked up wood and some parts

1 Like

I’ll be around on Sunday. If you’re there maybe brainstorm set up a plan.

Hello VECTOR!

I recently found this topic and read up a little on your group. What a find. According to the Purpose on your wiki page we have a lot in common (EM pinball, education, etc.). The photos of my exhibit in this topic were a nice surprise too.

I’m curious if you ever got around to putting together some displays and what you’ve done with them.

I’ve been adding more video to my web site and am exploring other ways to get my stuff out in front of more people, preferably in some kind of educational setting. Having it sit around in my basement doesn’t do anyone any good.

If anyone is headed to the NoCo Mini Maker Faire in October please stop by and say hi.

/Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I’m Jayson Woods ( Vector chair person) we have not made any yet been trying to figure out the best way of doing it. I hope I can bounce some ideas off your mind. I do not know of any one headed to the NoCo Mini Maker Faire. If you have Google hang out I could add you to our group chat.

Hi Jayson,

I’m always willing to talk shop; I often need to bounce things off like minded folks myself. I don’t have a Google hang out but we can chat here, or in private (contact info on my web site).

Thanks,

/Mark

great nnnnm nnjnmnjnn