Maker fair 2022 (and fb event)

What kind of advertising are we doing for the maker fair this month?
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/18701

I’m not sure who is in charge of the Facebook page, but if there were an event there, I’d share it. :heart: Someone was asking about upcoming craft fairs, and I wanted to send them info.

Is there a flyer or other info we could spread around?

And how many people are coming with their cool stuff?

1 Like

Ooh! I need to bump PR @Team_PR I didn’t go to the last Board Meeting, but we’d agreed that Now was the right time to start the FB ads at the Board Meeting before that.

I’m already behind on making a flier, so I’ll do that this week. And then we’ll paper downtown Carrollton, and Farmers Branch, plus have some for folks to post here and there.

I’ve got 8 people signed up so far. That includes Cairenn’s Memorial Table.

Thanks!
I’m trying to think out the logistics of setting up a table since I don’t normally deal with money so don’t have a square.

I went to a craft show this weekend, and one of the vendors was using Venmo for credit cards.

Square is easy to set up and customers love it!

1 Like

If your phone has the slot for plug-in earphones/whatever, you can just get the swiping insert for free.

I’ve ordered a square. Fingers crossed. :slight_smile:
I also signed up for a table.

Let me know when the FB events have been created so I can share. @Team_PR <3

Thanks!

1 Like

Good morning!
I just sent a pm to the fb page because it’s still not posted.

Who all is supposed to be there?

I’ve ordered a square, but apparently they’ve shipped it via pony express because they think it’ll take 10 days to get here from Illinois. :woman_facepalming:t2:. Supposed to be here Thursday :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’m still figuring it out. I’ll try to do a write-up today. Julie said she’ll post it for me, but I only have the most marginal of clues how to do that, and what to do it in.

So far:
SR Originals (Sue)
Howling Artist (Cairenn’s memorial and left-overs for sale table)
8 Bit Dreams
Stardrake Books
Anette Henningson
Sean Ellwood
Laura Johnson
Charlie Long
Daniel Culbert
Jennifer Meinel
And you.

So, I used DMS Creative Arts to set up an event for the Maker Sale on Saturday. I did mark it public. Let me know if I’ve already invited you, or if I need to do that. I invited all of the DMS CA group, but it gave me a security error when I tried to invite my entire friends list. That might be because I’m still over 800 friends (haven’t completely purged the game friends from Farmville and other defunct games I used to play).

@Julie-Harris – I sent you a message on FB.

We (Eight Bit Dreams) won’t be there, we’re down in San Antonio through at least Saturday with family. Sorry for any misunderstanding on that.

1 Like

What’s the plan for Friday’s set up?

Come in at 5pm, and we’ll start slinging tables.