Make a Resin Hybrid Pen Blank [8/19/18 2pm]

When- Sun Aug 19 2-3:30pm
Where- Interactive Classroom, 1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
What- Learn how to make a resin-hybrid pen blank. For this class we will be making some with barley and hops, and some with colored pencils. Bring $5 to the class to take one home with you.
Host- Daniel (Steve, Steve-o, the Stevenator) Wynne

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7196

For some reason the pictures didn’t attach to the calendar listing. I will post them here.

colored pencil pen blank

8 Likes

I sleepily, and stupidly, cancelled this class on accident. Can it be turned back on? @StanSimmons

1 Like

no, but you can re-create it.

1 Like

Will do, thanks Stan!

1 Like

you should be able to see the students that used to be registered. you can contact them and let them know what happened.

1 Like

That I sure can and will do. Having to push the class back a few hours since It was 10 days from today.

1 Like

@Nate @Jeeves @deetoo @richcase @Scott_Blevins @bpamplin

Hey folks, I made a colossal blunder and accidentally cancelled the class. I recreated it for 5pm that same day and will let you all know when it is back up. I’m really sorry about that!

2 Likes

I received an automated note that it had been cancelled. Stan’s advice is good because I understand half the membership does not look at talk and would be confused.

I’ll be watching for the new entry to show up in a few days!

1 Like

Aside from here I will also reach out individually.

1 Like

You can set it up as “instructor permission required” to ensure that the same students get to sign up.

1 Like

Is this class making the blanks, or making the pen? (I’d be interested in making the blanks).

2 Likes

Just the blanks, and I will probably do a couple of them. It should be back up by sunday at about 5 pm.

edit- thanks for the permission required advice!

2 Likes

The class is back up. Looks like most of the original sign ups have re-signed up. Again, sorry for my click happy blunder.

It looks like this will be a popular topic so I will likely do a few of these classes with various materials cast into the blanks.

3 Likes

when is the class, sir?

1 Like

This coming Sunday the 19th at 5:10 pm. There are 2 slots still open.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7225

1 Like