Magnetic base drill -

Just got this add from Penn Tool. I think this is an item we might want to to seriously consider on our future “Wish List” Mag Base Drills

1 Like

Perfect for building a steel trebuchet. Hand drilling holes in steel beams while standing on a ladder is no good.

4 Likes

They aren’t too bad priced to rent either. It was a 100$ to rent one for a weekend the last time I rented it.

Could we share the cost with Automotive since it also could be used for reaming the cylinder walls in engine blocks?

We don’t need a super delux one - the $700-$1,100 models looked like they’d do whatever we need. That’s just this brand, no idea what else is out there. Posted this mainly for the type tool it is.

I used to have the DeWalt model (which is about $600 retail) and it was beautiful to use. Had a cutting oil reservoir as well.

-Jim

1 Like

I sell the Fein, alfra, and unibor mag drills and annular cutters. I would be glad to give dealer cost on a unit if the space wants to buy one. Keep in mind annular cutters are $15-100ea plus pilot pins depending on dia and length, so its not the most economical way to drill just a few holes.

3 Likes