Machine Shop Needs

So in the light of the Committee meetings, I want to be sure the committee gets what it needs even between meetings.

If we need something, Please post it in this thread or send a message to @Team_Machine_Shop.

As per the committee meeting Saturday, we will be replacing our incorrect lathe tooling. I believe Calvin(maybe with a K?) brought this to my attention.

We will be also sourcing common sized drill bits for replacement of the stock that is currently depleting.

1 Like

Was mentioned in the meeting but not something we decided to procure, because people didn’t realize what I meant.

The large diameter tapered drill bit for boring bars is missing from the lathe. A cursory search after the meeting did not find it. A full ransack of the cabinet behind the bridgeport was postponed due to a class taking place, but last I had looked it was not in there but could have wandered back.

I want to say it was a 5/8" drill bit that fit in that tailstock, as it would allow for a 1/2" boring bar.

Yep, I meant to look for it later that afternoon/evening too but got side tracked.

This was a larger sized drill bit that was on the blue cart. We hope it just got misplaced. It had a Morse Taper 2 (I think the tail stock its MT2), It was in a white plastic sleeve. Walter Anderson gave us this bit. It’s not a bit that can be used in a normal drill bit.