Machine Shop: Latest Tool Purchases

Following small tools have been ordered or delivered:

For the Lathe:

1. this is will convex curves up to 1.75" and concave up to 2"

2. Thread cutting tool holder & thread cleaning files. Rich Schnoor will be teaching a class on cutting internal & external threads on the lathe

For HAAS: Will order 10 kits for the tool changer as soon as part number verified.

Table for Sherlines:
We have had the metal for the top donated, @TBJK Tim and I came up with the design for what metal we need to complete the table and will get that ordered.

The Fire Safety Cabinet is now in the Machine Shop, if you’ve followed that drama on Talk you’ll know why. I’ll now have to figure out how to get the measuring equipment out of the cabinet Jewelry gave us and into the smaller cabinet next to it. It’s doable but there won;t be space for it now. May consider getting a smaller narrow cabinet.

When we have a clean out Machine Shop day we’ll recover enough space in the RH side grey metal cabinet to be a committee storage locker that training stock, etc. will be locked in so they don’t walk off.

I was going to move the Bantam out of the way tomorrow after the Machine Shop meeting, but will wait until it’s sold and gone in another week or so that way it’s gone and nothing in the way.

We’ll probably add a shelf to the cart Rich @richmeyer gave us and it’ll be used so all the lathe tools are next to the lathe and out of the grey cabinet.

14 Likes

YES PLEASE SIR! Extra Chars

THATS AWESOME :blankspace:

Love this. I can’t wait for the next project.