Machine Shop Committee Meeting & Cleanup Day 10-24-20

On 10-24-20 we will have a committee organization/clean up day starting at 1 pm.

Please only come if you feel safe doing so.

We will be organizing the Machine Shop as well as cleaning it up.
There will be more to come as far as what we will be doing.

After the clean up we will have our monthly committee meeting at 5pm. During this meeting we will have our Chair election.

1 Like

I’d like to remind everyone that the meeting & cleanup is one week away.

We will be cleaning, organizing & maintaining the shop.

We will be attaching conduit to the back of the gray cabinets. This will get the materials off the floor.

We will be assembling the test panel behind the lathe.

We will be organizing various portions, this includes input from folks who will be at the meeting on how things will be put up.

We will be making the permanent piping in of the cold saw.

Permanent piping of the vacuum former.

Organizing plastics.

Setting/deciding on the Turrent drill press

Other mischief… Muhahahaha…

@Team_Machine_Shop

This includes you @CalvinStence lol

4 Likes

ooof calling him out lol.

1 Like

Tim, is cleanup 1-5 then a meeting from 5-7? (Per calender)
I probably don’t spend that much time with my wife on a typical Saturday.

I’ll need you to contact her and explain why I haven’t had time to clean up my shop or finish any of my sidelined projects, but would have time to hang out at the makerspace cleaning up after other people and chatting about tools with other toolnuts. Timing is critical on this, if I detect an opening I’ll let you know, otherwise I’ll come and stay just a little longer than the pre-approved allotted time.

Say you have Double Secret Detention

2 Likes

You are correct on the times. 1-5 as people have time.

My garage needs tons of work. To say the least.

Lol text sucks for sarcasm, is this sarcasm or sincerity?

Mine was meant as sarcasm. I’m on the tail end of recovering from a biking accident that resulted in fractured ribs, scapula, and surgery to install at titanium plate on my clavicle. I know the consequences of asking to spend 6 hours at the Makerspace so the thought of Tim negotiating for me made me chuckle.

3 Likes

All good! Sound painful! Get well soon!

I am moving to Knoxville, TN, next month. As I am packing up my stuff at the house I have come across the following items that could be used by the Machine Shop. I placed them on the table by the HAAS. Hope these items can be used.

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. You will be severely missed around here. We are eternally grateful for what you have done.

8 Likes

I was in there yesterday looking at stuff … thinking about how to organize the endmills.

Could we get some kind of cardboard boxes or make some dividers for the small cabinet that used to house the Sherline tools? Would that be suitable for end mills?

Also - thank you to whoever moved the Sherline tools to the “new” cabinets under the Sherlines. FWIW, I rescued two Sherline parallels and a tommy bar from the dark depths of the old cabinet. They were nearly invisible in the back.

I ordered some of these as a starter.
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00293019?fromRR=Y

Hey, that’s super! Those will work. Thanks. We can either store them in the drill cabinet (which is kinda full and somewhat disorganized), or we could even store them in the cabinet formerly full of Sherline. The drawers are probably about the right depth.

Rich,

Thanks for being such a great member. DMS runs on the grace of a few dozen key volunteers; you were definitely one of those. You are moving to one of the beautiful areas of the country. America, vast and beautiful; with Dallas being in the part that is vast. Still, some day you will happen upon Dallas again and hopefully, you will visit DMS to see a gloriously finished space, quite resembling the plan you helped put into motion.

Regards,
Bob

3 Likes

Chris,

Well, I am glad tohear that you have found them. For a year I wondered where the H*ll did those small parallels go. So they got lost in the inky blackness of the black cabinet.

Thanks,
Bob

2 Likes

@TBJK see you all on Saturday.

1 Like

Good, we have been wondering about you. Hope to see you then.

Hey are you the tim that’s a knife maker by chance?

You’re probably thinking of @fender84

2 Likes