Machine Shop Classes

Will meet tomorrow, make final changes and schedule them.

Appreciate all your work.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t able to attend the meeting just wondering if the classes have been approved. Thanks

When were they submitted?

I was just wondering if these are going to happen soon. I have a project that Iā€™m planning and the cold cut saw would probably make life easier.

Cold Cut saw will be part of the upcoming Intro to Machine Shop Class that David Steele has completed and just putting finishing touches on.
But if you need the Cold Cut Saw sooner, and you see me, Iā€™ll get you going on it. Note only for use on Mild Steel and Brass. There are a few other folks like Tim Bene, Bob Karnaugh that would probably be willing to teach you if you catch them. Iā€™ll be at the Space tomorrow and Friday.

Iā€™ll be around some this weekend too.

Question though: is it still cutting a bit crooked? I think Tim was going to look at that some more but I keep forgetting to ask himā€¦

@Photomancer @jphelps thanks for offering to help Iā€™m still in the planning stage for my project should be a couple of weeks until Iā€™m ready to cut

@Photomancer

Will you be at the DMS this Thursday, March 30th?

I just signed up as a member of the DMS and am interested in being involved with the Machine shop Committee.

I have experience teaching on a bridgeport vertical mill and a clausing lathe. Iā€™ve run a shop bot and am versed in CAD (solid works, investor, learning fusion)

I am interested in learning how to work on the hass vf2, Iā€™ve had some exposure to this machine, but I would not say I could run it.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I probably will be here this Thursday. Yes, you can and are invited to teach classes in Machine Shop. Hopefully youā€™ll be able to attend one of our Machine Shop meetings on April 12th or 13th.

How would you like to be the Bridgeport Team Leader? Fantastic, you can introduce yourself at the next meeting and start building your team! :innocent:

Look forward to meeting you and having another instructor.

2 Likes

Awesome, Iā€™ll be there during the weekly tour time to get my badge, Iā€™ll introduce myself then.

Iā€™ll plan to attend the meeting on the 13th.

Oh wow that would be cool! Is there a vetting process to teach basic mill? I taught undergrads while I was an undergrad for a couple years, I donā€™t want to mislead anyone with my skill level.
I would like to compare the DMS machine shopā€™s teaching style with what Iā€™ve practiced. Iā€™ll try to dig up the training outline I used for my classes and bring it to the committee meeting.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I am in fact one of the people that can issue you a badge. So weā€™ll see you then.

2 Likes