M22520/1-01 crimper?

Hello! Does anyone know if the electronics shop has a M22520/1-01 crimper (example here: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/M22520-1-01?qs=NEWnq6vH5LdvjE3qFucP9g%3D%3D)? I need it to crimp some connectors onto some 20 AWG wires and didn’t want to shell out a few hundred dollars if I didn’t have to… Thanks!

Hey Austin,
I personally have a similar ratcheting crimper that I use for CPC & Molex connectors. I’m willing to let you use it while at the space, under my supervision. I can’t allow you to just borrow them & bring it back. I use them too often.

Summit Racing has some crimpers, I picked up a pair but haven’t tried them yet. I also want to say I think I saw some at All-Tex electronics a few weeks ago.

There is a similar style crimper in the automotive toolbox, it’s in a white box. Last I saw it was in the right hand locker but it may also be in the electrical drawer. It’s an indent style crimper meant for duetsch connectors, which I think are crimped to the same spec.

Thanks for the responses. I just ordered the connectors, which should be coming in in the next couple of days. I’ll check out the automotive toolbox first to see if I have luck with that. If so, great; if not, @TBJK I’ll try to arrange a time at your convenience to use your ratcheting crimper under your supervision (it would be 4 connectors total - so shouldn’t take long).

1 Like