Lot of non-rechargable lithiums

Apparently these were meant for exit signs and other low energy draw devices as backup batteries. According to the manufacturer these aren’t rechargeable.
However, I’ve got this tray if electronics wants them and likely access to more. They have a decent density to them.

@StanSimmons - would we want any of these for exit signs?

14Ah is … a lot … in such a small package. Guessing that they’re extremely low current to hit that sort of rating.

But then again, 19Ah is also claimed for that form factor.

my mistake, this should have been tagged for @Team_Electronics should they want them.

If some other committee does as well they are up for grabs if they don’t. I can likely get more as well.

No, my mistake. You left it in Uncategorized and I just moved it to DMS general to make it visible.

Here is a data sheet to give more information on this style of lithium battery. They seem to be a different chemistry than the LiPo batteries I’ve worked with as they are Li-SOCI or Lithium-Thionyl Chloride Spiral Batteries.

I hope to come back to you expounding on how these are different as the technical details are a bit over my head. I do notice that they really seem to dislike cold.

Warning, (EDIT) These are not meant to be rechargeable. Enjoy at own risk and please don’t burn DMS down. :slight_smile:

where are they marked defective? If they are I’d rather rake them out for disposal.

My mistake, I had miss read your post,

I read that in my head as they wouldn’t take a charge. Apologies, I’ll correct my post.

No worries.

for those who are curious, there is a DC power supply tech facility in the area where they have massive stocks of parts. These are NOS.

1 Like