Lost: Pine Lamination

I left some pine laminations under a workshop table to dry. They are no longer there. Does anybody know where they went?

3 sections, 5 pieces each, each piece 1.375x3.5" 5’+ long.

If they didn’t have a name on them, they were possible mistaken for scrap. If they did have a name and were left for longer than overnight, check the lost and found shelf or off-site storage.

1 Like

Did not have a name, but left yesterday. Will check offsite, but I was hoping someone knew where they went.

I am sure they were the ones offsited today. There was no name on them and the volunteers probably thought they were connected to that big box under the other table.

Thank you, @Bill

Please, always put your name and date on projects that you leave alone, especially if it is going to be more than an hour.

5 Likes

Like 2x4s? Yeah they were offsited. Everything must have a storage tag, even things that are drying.

We’ve moved to a new unit for offsite storage, I’ve yet to grab a lockbox for it. If you’re still at the space please get with @StanSimmons for a loaner key and unit number.

If not I’ll be there tomorrow night.

So, is the currently posted information inaccurate?

Same location, different storage unit & key. My intention is to update it tomorrow night.

I will try to catch you tomorrow.

Can you clarify the requirement for using storage tags for things that are drying? I sometimes glue up items and leave them on one of the 3 workstations near the wood clamp storage area. I always write my name, phone number and date/time on my pieces that are left to dry for 30 minutes to 2 hours. I never leave anything longer than that. Are you stating that members need to be following a different procedure involving the use of storage tags for these things?

@LukeStrickland are you at the space this evening? Or better still, has the info been updated on the storage instructions?

I got super sick yesterday, sorry about that!

I’ve setup the new offsite locker with the correct key, and a coded lockbox to provide access. You’ll find it now at Locker 15, right next to the dumpster. You can use the same instructions already at DMS for accessing it, and for the gate code. It uses the same code.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Stan helped me yesterday, thank you.