Lost Dog at the space

There is a really sweet german shepard that has decided to hang out around the complex. If anyone has a need for a dog, this one is very friendly.

Unfortunately, he has some mange mites that will need treating, and it looks like he has been “living rough” for a while, so he likely has some other parasites as well.

If no one takes him in the next couple of days, and he keeps sticking around, we will probably have to call animal control.

3 Likes

I suppose the lease does not allow us to have a mascot?

3 Likes

I personally love dogs and cats. My cat is sitting on my feet.

AND I am going to request a damper be put on the “rescue”.

Here is the requested restriction. The dog cannot come inside DMS.

We have at least one member who has an extreme dog allergy. Epi-pen level issues. So being “nice” to the dog means a member gets blindsided by an extreme allergy attack.

Stan also mention possible parasites. Been there and done that. No fun at all.

My apologies on being a stodgy board member on this one.

9 Likes

Please call animal control now. The complex is not a safe area for animals of any kind. The daytime traffic is constant.

7 Likes

I’m at work otherwise I would do it, but he would probably fare better if taken to an animal shelter like Lewisville or Denton. Denton treated the dog we adopted for a skin condition, and didn’t euthanize her even though she was extremely sick.

3 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Service Animals at DMS

Rule 10: No pets allowed in the building.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Service Animals at DMS

I recommend getting in touch with animal control immediately. Dogs can pick up parasites pretty quickly and start looking rough after only a few days out in the world. He may be chipped- I’d hate to see someone lose their dog because it got out and got picked up before they could find it, and the person who found it kept it instead of contacting animal control.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I saw that dog on Sat. night as I was leaving. Tried to get it to come but it was probably afraid of my motorcycle. Looks more like a Malinois than a German Shepherd

2 Likes

dogs-dogs-everywhere

2 Likes

So getting back to the ORIGINAL intent of the post before it got mired in rules, regulations & politics - How’s the dog? Has it been cared for? Stan - have you scanned it for an RFID chip?

Good press from a returned animal would likely be a good thing. Not to mention a happy safe dog.

2 Likes

I do hope someone took it down to the shelter or somewhere safe.

I’ve heard that some members might have fleas… I didn’t think dogs could be members :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, I know about the ID chip and how it works. They should scan it at the shelter.

1 Like

Dog chips are a different frequency

2 Likes

Of course! Dogs can hear much higher frequencies! Duh! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I just found out that they can be a variety of different frequencies but I don’t know how common the other frequencies are.

GAO RFID provides a diverse selection of RFID tracking devices for animals that enables farmers, breeders, and veterinarians to fulfill their traceability and identification needs. The RFID tags for animals are available at a variety of frequencies that include 134 kHz low frequency, 134.2 kHz frequency, 125 kHz low frequency and 860 MHz to 960 MHz operation frequency.
http://gaorfid.com/devices/rfid-tags-by-feature/animal-rfid-tags/

2 Likes

What’s the frequency, Kenneth!!!

8 Likes

The best choice for the dog is to get him to a shelter so if his owners are looking for him they have a chance
to find him

With our location, he either took a ride with someone coming to the area If so his owners will be looking for him

He could also have been dumped nearby

I will contact some folks I know in the local rescues community about him and
what would be our best action

I don t know about what the policies of the Carrollton shelter are,
as to treating animals,getting animals into rescue etc

I’m not super impressed with the Carrollton shelter.

1 Like

I dont know anything about them and if they even work with rescues

I know what Dallas does now, If we were in Dallas, I would not have an iddue
with calling animal control

That is why I want to check about what is best for him