Lost: circular cutter knob?

Don’t suppose anyone has seen the little black knob that should be sticking out of the bar on top anywhere?

Edit: the circular one above the spring is not missing, I realized that could be mistaken for what is actually missing

Made a stop gap for the moment. Also I kind of hate this thing.

1 Like

Son of a biscuit!
@Team_Creative_Arts be on the lookout when in the room.
Whomever finds it or 3D prints a new one wins a candy bar (ps Nate you also get one for your mcgyvery)

2 Likes

Nice knob Nate!

Props for proper grammar!

1 Like

Do you know the size bolt that’s needed:

• diameter
  • coarse vs fine threads
  • length

I can make a new knob if I know the diameter. If I knew all three, I can source a replacement bolt as well.

1 Like

@Lordrook Phrasing!
Someone conveniently forgot to throw away their trash wood from one of the lathe chucks and it was enough to turn this. Plus I got to test out the homemade friction polish.

2 Likes

how did it perform?

Underwhelming as usual. O the polish seemed good was just like that crystal glaze stuff

I was asking about the polish, glad it worked well. I used Kurts recipe and his stuff always looks amazing.

I locked it in the teachers cabinet, some guy had it out and said he’d got the OK from Mark to use it. Idk where you had it but I figured it wasn’t the unlocked cabinet

I did put it in the unlocked cabinet since I don’t have a key, or know were one is.
Man I clearly marked it for instructor use only. :frowning_face:

It’s still full to the top, he told me not to use it because he’d got special permission and technically it was instructor use only at least so I guess it wasn’t blatant disregard

Good point, its not like they were passing it out to everyone. Also, you are signed off as a turning instructor so there’s that.

Yeah I was just testing it out on a small piece to see how it worked

1 Like