Lost (and Found?) Tools

We were in the automotive area yesterday (Saturday) putting together a bike. I brought some tools of my own just in case. We didn’t need them so I left them by the garage door in the automotive area on the shelves.

Once we were done and it was time to go, I looked and one of my tools was missing, a Cobalt ratchet. I looked around and couldn’t find it. We needed to leave so I decided to come back later and look, and also look at home in case my brain was playing tricks and I didn’t actually bring it.

Having searched at home, I went back this morning (Sunday). I found what I think is my wrench in the Ratchets drawer in the area. Supporting this was my finding the extender and torx end that I had brought in the Torx drawer.

I’m not sure why someone would take it with me standing right there, but I understand the desire to put things back where they belong. No big deal. In case I’m totally mistaken, this is what I took and I’ll bring it back if someone thinks these are DMS tools.

2 Likes

Those aren’t DMS tools, by shelves I assume you don’t mean the donation shelves, as you wouldn’t want to put anything there you don’t want to disappear immediately.

2 Likes

Well, that makes sense then. I didn’t see that those were the donation shelves.

I was certainly amazed at how fast they disappeared. I didn’t actually leave them alone at all, I was always right there. But I never saw them leave.

Thanks, Brandon.

I did this; I thought it was odd that someone would put a ratchet on the donation shelf instead of back in the cabinet, so I put it back where I thought it belonged.

My apologies. :frowning:

4 Likes

Not at all, it’s clearly my fault for putting it on the donation shelf! :blush:

Ended up OK, too, so all good.