Looking to get involved

I noticed the DMS Instagram hasn’t been updated in a while. I’d like to help out with the Instagram feed if there’s a spot open.

Please let me know if this is an area I can give back to the community in.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Quick background: I currently manage two corporate Instagram accounts, and I have 5 years of professional SEO experience.)

4 Likes

Tagging @mrjimmy @rampage and @Julie-Harris as the folks who’ve been covering PR the most of late…
EDIT: FORGOT THE CHAIR IN MY POST - Sorry! @Jcgalik

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

We would appreciate the help! I’ll work on getting you credentials for the account.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! Please let me know of any style guides, DMS social media posting rules, or special guidelines to keep in mind, but if everyone is on board I’ happy to hit the ground running!

@Jcgalik is the PR chair, and I know he has a ton of ideas. I’m sure he’d love to have some help. He is going to be the one to touch base with.

Might also be worth pinging the committee chairs to see what cool new things they’ve got going.

1 Like

We’ll have a PR get together soon, and we’ll make sure you’re invited @savvie . I know there are some folks from the Writerspace group that would like to get our blog going again as well, so we can collaborate on releases, etc.

1 Like

Awesome! I was actually thinking about asking around for writers in hopes of doing a HONY* style monthly post about makers in the space, which might be a cool way to connect the Insta and blog.

*(More about creative processes than heartbreaking feels though lol)

3 Likes

:pray: do this! Love me some blog… :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for offering your help and experience!

1 Like

Oh, so excited to hear there is going to be a PR get-together! I want to spread the joy of this place to so many!

3 Likes

this has blossomed well! i mostly try to do design work and help out with tech, but it seems lately julie helps out the most. id love to decentralize our pr a bit as long we have some measures for runaway actors. pr get together sounds great!

4 Likes