Looking to donate some tooling

I came by for the tour yesterday and was blown away! I am now a new member and spoke to some folks up there about how I might be able to contribute to the space a bit. I own Advanced Industrial Solutions (CNC manufacturing) and AISsupply (wholesale industrial supply) and have been in the industrial manufacturing field for about 12 years, working with alot of aerospace, machine shops, nuclear separation, food processing etc, so if anyone has a question on tools, hardware, drilling, milling,abrasives, etc. I’m happy to try to help. I also have some inventory at AISsupply from some of the manufacturers we rep that I would be willing to donate, and some tooling we don’t use from Advanced Industrial. Here’s a quick list I made quickly walking through the warehouse this morning, if any departments want to let me know if you would be interested.

Arcone - USA Made welding safety company
2- Auto darkening welding hoods
1- Browguard face shield

CMT USA - Industrial router bit company
1- Stile & Rail Bit Set with wood case, & replacement bearings
1- fornster bit set
3- Flush trim router bits, 1/4" X 1-1/4"
3- 1/4" X 1" Pattern Bits, 1/2" Shank
10- 7-1/4" X 5/8" Arbor CMT Professional saw blades

Steiner Welding - Domestic welding glove, curtain and blanket mfg
Mixed TIG, MIG, and Leather palm gloves

LS Starrett Co. - Precision measurement tools
2- 6" firm join hermaphrodite cailipers P/N 243-6
2- 6" firm join hermaphrodite cailipers P/N 563-6

Mitutoyo - Precision measurement tools
1- Digital surface roughness gauge (out of calibration but around a $2500 unit so might be worth calibrating if someone has a need for one)

1bx of 36" ER309L Stainless TIG rod
Lots of Hypertherm consumables

Monster Carbide - US made solid carbide tooling
I will donate some misc 2,3 & 4 FL End mills

Also if anyone is interested I can put together a list of the manufacturers that I rep that pretain to the work done at the makerspace so if someone wants a tool at a discount we can get you hooked up.

-Brandon

19 Likes

Welcome! DMS is an awesome place! Your donations will help make it better. FYI, the folks below: Tim Vice chiar metal SHop Chris Chair Machine Shop

@TBJK what do you want for Metal shop, Welding items?

@Chris_Wischkowsky Machine Shop Inspection iItems?

@Azalaket The Router items

Thank you for your generosity! As a new member I strongly encourage yo to watch the calendar for Metal Shop, Machine Shop, Wood Shop committee meetings or other areas your interested and become involved … we’ll probably pick on you to see what classes we can dragoon you in to teaching!! (I’m a pest about such things).

Showing up at committee meeting will also provide us a chance to get know you and you to explain some of the resources you describe.

Again Welcome and Thank you

4 Likes

I can’t speak officially for the metal shop other than teaching classes there, but I’d love to see the:

We currently have MIG gloves up on the wall, but when I teach TIG classes I have people swap out with my gloves so then can feel what they are doing. If we had 8 TIG gloves that would be great.

I’d make sure it saw some usage. Currently in the TIG class we discuss welding stainless, and some very minor tips, but we actually have the students weld aluminum and mild steel. If we have interest I’d be willing to teach a stainless class, but first we have to get enough people allowed to use the machines through the normal classes.

3 Likes

Great info, I will look out for the committee meetings and try to make it to a few of them soon!

And I will bring some TIG gloves and the SST rod with me when I come up there tomorrow

7 Likes

Those won;t be a problem I’m sure. But the reason I copied the committee chairs unless the donation is accepted please don’t leave items at DMS unless on the freebie shelves. Please don’y mistake me, I beleive all the things offered will be gladly taken.

The reason for this policy is we can end up with a lot of things that are needed and we don’t know what to do with them. We’ve literally had pick-up trucks of stuff dropped out without notice.

Also, if wanted, I can arrange for a donation receipt for tax purposes.

4 Likes

It was a pleasure to meet @brandon_kenney when he came through the metal shop last night. He is already signed up for my next PlasmaCAM class and will be running his own classes soon! It was interesting when he asked, “How much is the class, forty or fifty?” It was fun to be able to say, “No. Five!”

5 Likes

But, the $5 covers free future usage!

1 Like

Please do!

Stash them somewhere and PM me where you put them and I’ll pick them up for sunday.

I’ll be up at the space teaching from 10A to 1P on Sunday, and if you’d like to drop by the TIG class and see happy students not wearing MIG gloves.

3 Likes

Ill for sure stop by your welding class is im up there around that time

And ill make sure to wait on the committee leaders before bringing any donations.

Also this will be a company write-off so a donation tax form would be appreciated. I will wait until all items accepted are there sp we can do it once.

4 Likes

It was nice meeting you last night Brandon. Id say that woodshop may be the only hold up. I can almost guarantee Metal Shop & Machiine shop will accept them. I know I would.

2 Likes

I went back and re-read, the hoods would be nice too.

If you happen to get it squared away before the class Sunday that would be great, but if not, I understand waiting until things are in writing.

Thanks for your (and/or your companies) generosity.

2 Likes

Wow, you make quite the entrance haha. Your definition of “some” is much more impressive than mine! I’m just a general member that doesn’t belong to any committees so just here to say thanks for being generous and I appreciate you wanting to make the space better than you found it. Welcome to dms!

4 Likes

So @Team_Woodshop , these seem like pretty wonderful additions but I’ve spent little time with the tools that would apply to y’all’s area so there may be plenty. I do know the space in general could always use more calipers but again just talking as a regular Joe.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the forstner and router bits are still available but @Team_Education will gladly take them

1 Like

Done, I will bring the set with me next time im up there.

2 Likes

Or basically this stuff is what I mean lol

Thanks! Annnnnnnnd 20 characters

1 Like

Thank you @brandon_kenney.

We can get you a receipt for your donation.

2 Likes

Seriously, thanks so much @brandon_kenney, hope you are enjoying the space so far!