Looking to donate a sewing machine

I have a Juki DDL-555 industrial sewing machine that I would be willing to donate to the Dallas makerspace if you want it. It is old but in decent shape. It is currently just sitting in my garage taking up space. I am not sure how to contact the Sewing committee, but if your interested then please reply.

Google Photos
Google Photos

P.S. Sorry about all the junk in the photos.

1 Like

@jrkriehn

The Sewing SIG official awesome person

2 Likes

How deep is that throat?

I bet that would be great for sewing leather. Thank you, @Jacob_Weigand

Juki’s are a known entity - good machines. The only issue I see is we don’t have room for another industrial with a table. It’s a tight fit in there between Thor, the Consew and the four home machines we’ve had setup full-time for the last six months or so - and seem to get a lot of traffic.

Not saying no, but not saying yes either.

@Photomancer, I’d guesstimate that harp space between the needle and vertical part of machine to be around 8-9 inches. Bigger than the Consew, but smaller than THOR.

2 Likes

It’s in my garage and I don’t plan on getting rid of it too quickly. Its already been there all winter. If you decide that you want it then you can always send me a message on here.

I used the machine for sewing waterproof canvas and I have done some leather work on it. I’ve also done some small jobs like hemming my jeans. It is really fast and strong compared to the tabletop machines I have used. Some times it would scare me how fast it would go when I pressed the pedal to hard.

I measured the throat and got 10.5 inches. That isn’t a standard size, so I might be measuring it wrong (Needle to the right column).

3 Likes

Here is a copy of the Manual. This machine is a DDL-555

6 Likes

Gorgeous machine. Hope they have room for it!

What is all the ropey string stuff?

My fiance does macrame and that is a half-done project that has been set aside for other projects. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So cool! If she let’s you share a picture of her finished piece, please do!

There has been one macrame class with the great April Burk at DMS, and she is holding another class soon. Members of Fiber Frolic and Creative Arts would love to see a fellow macrame person’s finished work for inspiration :)))