Looking to create a sheet metal fabrication 101 class

Thank you all very much. I’ll keep watching.
Have a Happy New Year!

Thanks Beth. I’ll submit some Plasma Cutter classes tonight. The calendar prevents scheduling classes sooner than 10 days from the date they are submitted, but the classes will appear when they have been approved. I mostly add then during the week, as my weekends are pretty full. I also try to add classes during the day for those that can make it, as well some classes at 6:30 PM. If anyone on this thread can’t do weekday classes at all, please DM me @tomthm and we can tackle that.

Turns out I WAS able to add a class on Sat, Jan 5 at 2:00 PM, and another Jan 6 at 4:00 PM. I will add few more, and many thanks to the the volunteers who do the calendar/scheduling maintenance for making this possible, as well as the folks signed off on the change to make it possible!

1 Like

Wow! When it rains, it pours!
I’ll sure snag that Jan. 5 time slot when I join tomorrow. Have family in town now.
Thank you!

Yeah man, glad one of them works!

I would love to attend this class. I need to fab up a replacement floorpan to replace a rusty one.

Has anything become of this sheet metal class??

@dallasmagna was working on it last I checked as part of motorsports.

2 Likes

Obligatory, i want to do this too…

You may find this class interesting…

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/9646

1 Like

What time works best for you guys? I get off work at 2pm so evening classes is what I will be able to teach. I also will be putting classes together for powder coating and automotive

usually 6PM + works well

Having taught a number of evening weekday classes, my two cents worth, pretty much for all classes:

• Before 6:00P makes it hard for folks to get there after work, low sign-up or people showing up 15-20 minutes after you’ve done the safety portion.
  • 6:30P better if a long class that gets folks out later, mine was 3.5+ hours. Some ended after 11P
  • 7:00P seems to be the sweet spot for people being able to get there after work and for classes up to 2.5 hours allows them to leave at a decent time.

Before the class be sure to get a sign up on Metal Shop door a couple days in advance announcing it will be closed for a class with date and time. Good idea to post on Talk.

Look forward to seeing the class posted!

4 Likes

After 7PM Please!!!
Anytime Sundays.

I would be interested

I would definitely be interested. Building a motorcycle now, that this would help with.