Looking for some help for table hardware

I was able to get my hands on a very nice board gaming table quite cheaply, but it had some issues. I disassembled it to improve some things (it was too short and there were no leaves to make it a dining room table between uses, displeasing my wife). One upgrade that would be nice is that a lot of custom gaming tables come with a rail system on the side so that you can attach cup holder and other stuff. The best link to see it is probably here:

The top picture shows the rails in the table, the next one down shows things on them. The overall system is two aluminum rails that interlock, but that can be separated by simply lifting one at an angle to “disconnect”. I’ve looked all over for these and can’t find them (or I’m not using the right search term).

Any ideas?

Matt

2 Likes

I assume you’ve seen the Board Game Geek’s “Table Design Series”, specifically the “rail systems” feature discussion?

If not, it might give you some directions to explore

I’ll be watching this space, as I am curious about this, too.
:+1:

2 Likes

I had not actually seen that before…and now I have reading for the rest of the afternoon…my wife will be so pleased…

2 Likes

You’re missing out on one of the advantages of being divorced and alone…so alone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I have the even lesser joy perhaps. Unemployment. Sitting alone all day filling out computer forms that no one reads hoping that some algorithm will trigger a human to actually call me. Usually not.
Then when your spouse gets home and asks you how the day has been, trying not to twitch like someone who has been tortured all day and say “Great, I’m sure someone will call very soon!”. If nothing else it will give me a break between forms that ask me to input everything on my resume into their system specifically.

4 Likes

Dang. I will wish you luck on getting work soon, as long as you don’t wish me luck on getting married soon. LOL

2 Likes

So what I have discovered so far reading through everything: There are several decent pieces of hardware out there, but nothing as nice looking as the rail pictured on the Rathskeller table. I’m going to keep looking for now because I’d like to find something nicer. Got a bunch of really good ideas though from the table making forum on BGG.

1 Like

Matt, start writing posts on LinkedIn solving the kinds of problems you would at a job without revealing anything confidential or unflattering about your previous employers.

I’ve heard of people getting jobs this way, because they’re seen as subject matter experts. If you do hands-on work, you can post videos of how to do things, and safety or project videos. The quality doesn’t have to be the best, but if you use a microphone, it’s easier to hear than phone audio.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I’d say you’d use two kinds of aluminum extrusions: C channel and J cap.

Examples here (just for illustration purposes)
C channel: https://eagle-aluminum.com/product-category/channels/aluminum-c-channels/
Possibly Part#: EAM-2643
J caps: https://eagle-aluminum.com/product-category/aluminum-j-channels/
Possibly Part#: E-83 or Part#: EAM-2327

3 Likes