Looking for Logo I'm Sure I've Seen, But

I’m searching for a logo that I’m 90% sure I’ve seen on bumper stickers, among other places. I’m about 50% sure the colors were red and blue, but otherwise, looked much like this:
facing-js
Which you might recognise as the University of Miami “U” logo.
Had you asked me back at the beginning of this search (~3-6 months ago) I would have sworn the advertising I recalled it from was Jimmy John’s, but…nope. That looks like this

and, unless I’m just failing at finding it (please! let that be it) they’ve never used advertising with “facing J’s”.

I’ve tried the reverse image searches I know about (and that is remarkably few), and no luck. So I turn to you. Any idea what logo I’ve seen on bumperstickers and billboards in the last 10 years that used “facing j’s” in what I thought were red and blue?
Thank you for any speculation/data/info, etc.

Is it this old united logo? I just searched “red and blue u logo” and it came up. Seems to match your description

1 Like

Hm.
I don’t…thiiiiiink…that’s the one…

Ursuline Academy maybe? It’s an interlocking UA. (edit nevermind, that doesn’t sound like it)

1 Like

Under Armuor?

1 Like

this one
actually, without the extra “u” (er, “a”?) could be pretty close, but I don’t think that’s it…

I appreciate the help!

It looks somewhat like the Jimmy Dean sausage logo:

3 Likes

Did someone say “sausage”?

2 Likes

OOOOO… that miiiiight be it…no idea why I’d have seen that on bumper stickers, and I’d have sworn it was blue and red, but…that sure is close, eh.

1 Like

So now I’m curious. What’s so special about this unknown logo that you’ve been searching for it for 3 - 6 months? Do you plan to do something with it, or is it just curiosity?

1 Like

Mostly, depends on what it is.
But at the end of the day, nothing interesting.
I’ve seen a new logo, and I KNOW I’ve seen something like it before, and it’s driving me absolutely batty(ier than normal).
But if it ends up where I thought it was going to go, I’ll probably use it for some propaganda posters (that will be a BIIG joke to me, and never seen by anyone else, most likely). Jimmy Dean might work for the joke…

1 Like

If you know me, I love a good logo thread! Think it might be universal technical institute?

10 Likes

They called their school “universal technical institute”? Maybe that abbreviation meant something different at the time…

7 Likes

The hooey logo perhaps

1 Like

I’d say that would be a good contender @AlexRhodes. I know I’ve seen them around one bumper stickers & billboards. My cousin went there(In Houston) , well before they opened one here.

3 Likes

Fits the bill perfectly, but I’m about 55% sure that isn’t it.
Might still work… :thinking:

It did not. Which is part of why its funny. Like the University of North Texas calling their radio station “North Texas Radio”, bearing in mind all radio stations registered @ the time started with call letter K.

I don’t think this is it…

Thank you for helping!

2 Likes

Oh I was a student at North Texas at the time and did a few shifts at the radio station KNTU. We were really waiting to see if they changed the call letters. :wink:

I so wanted that bumper sticker, but alas it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Just gonna leave this piece of excellent design here.

5 Likes

That saw a LOT of mileage in my brief tenure in Denton…

This was loudly proclaimed that you can’t spell… without the UNT. At a rendition of the “Vagina Monologues” I was at with two friends. Loudly… in repetition… at every break…

The faculty in attendance looked absolutely thrilled…

1 Like