Looking for Hot Process/CNC Plasma Cutter training

Is the Hot Process Training still a thing? I would like to get that training done, and training on the new CNC Plasma cutter. Anyone have an idea when some classes might be coming?

I have a few projects in mind I would like to start working on.

Thanks!

So far as I understand, right now the only training for the Dynatorch is held after you help clean-up during the monthly Metal Shop committee meeting (1st Saturday, meeting at noon, then clean-up, and then what-you-need instruction).

It’s not on the calendar yet, but it will be this Saturday. If @hon1nbo is on for this weekend, we could meet some evening to run over the Hot Process Safety.

2 Likes

Sounds completely reasonable. I will make every effort to be there Saturday. Thank you!

This is sorta the case; not that it’s the only thing, but many of the teachers have been AWOL recently.

I’m gonna check my schedule and see what I can throw up over the next couple weeks; the soonest will however be the usual cleanup meeting.

as some background, we will train any member on anything in metal shop they wish if they show up for a cleanup day as a thanks for the time (it’s kinda our relief valve for when classes are slow).

~Tails

4 Likes

If there is an evening this week, other than tonight (Wednesday), you wouldn’t mind going over the Hot Process stuff I can make my way up there. Just let me know when is good for you.

Tomorrow I’ll be up at the Space around 8 pm, and then I hang out until after midnight.
(Thursday 4/29). Friday I’ll be down in Waxahachie.

2 Likes

@dryad2b - I’m about to re-activate my membership and need the Hot Process so I can sign up and take the Mig Welding Basic class that’s happening Saturday morning. Would you mind if I joined you and @JOwen tonight to get my Hot Process pre-req taken care of? I’d appreciate it.

I will be up there around 8PM. I will be the big guy with the Darth Vader patterned face mask. Thank you!

1 Like

Sure! The more the merrier! I should be in the Common room around 8 pm.

2 Likes

Thanks much! Looking forward to it. I’ll be the big guy in the Bucee’s mask.

2 Likes

Thank you, Beth, for taking the time to go through the Hot Process with us tonight. Very much appreciated!

4 Likes

@JOwen @DigitalDoyle

Just a heads up, I don’t know if you’re interested in TIG but I’m teaching a TIG welding class and Safety class next weekend (the 22nd of May). Safety starts at Noon, the TIG Class starts at 2 and ends at 5.

Since they haven’t been approved by the calendar team yet (should take no more than 72 hours from the time of this post) You won’t see them on the calendar, but here are the links to them once their open:

Hot Process Safety Class:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16675

TIG Welding Class - Steel

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16676

Thank you, @malcolmputer! Will definitely be attending. I’ve had the Hot Processes class andshould be good to go. Much appreciated for the heads up!

1 Like

How many people in the class?

no real limit for the Safety class, just if we have too many we’ll have to move to an area larger than the metal shop for social distancing purposes.

The TIG class is limit 6.