Looking for help on a project. Need to rebuild electrical systems for a Velo

Good morning,

I have a Quest Velomobile that is in some need of love in the way of creature comforts.

What I need is someone to step in and help build/design a system around using Dewalt 20V packs to to supply 12V power for 2 lamps, a horn, 12V of clean power to a radio and run LEDs for blinkers, USB power for a cell phone and a Garmin GPS. Some forward thinking for how to easily replace systems would be nice as well.

I need the system to be in place (and tested) for a RAAM attempt in June. having all of the above would go a log way to making 20-22H a day in the saddle more bearable.

The work should not be bad, but I just cannot find the time to do the work myself.

The reason for the Dewalt 20V packs is that they are commercially available everywhere as well as chargers, along with being very fast to swap out. the 5AH pack seemed to be just enough power for about 4 hours of running all devices and lights at 20%…

If this is the wrong forum, please let me know. IF you have any suggestions as to where that might be, I would appreciate the guidance.

Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Voltage-Regulator-Converter-1-2-36V/dp/B00C4QVTNU/

1 Like

already have at least two in spares, and two in the prototype I smoked in October. :slight_smile:

I have a heaping pile of parts that need to be assembled. I honestly just have no time. I will gladly provide remuneration for work done.

Cheers!

The last version of my control hardware let me use two batteries and choose which one would power the rest of the bike. I had one controller like the above to drive the lights and horn, and a second one to drive the sound system and separate USB chargers.

My first issues were with teh mask I used to etch the PCB. I made a few derpy mistakes that led to reversing the pinouts on the relays I used to switch the lights and the horn. IT was a very loud mistake, as NO an NC were backwards.

Anyway, I cut most of that section out of the PCB as I was completely out of time and needed to get my bike put back together for a long event the next day. Taht ride was OK, but the ride two days later I found out that I made some other mistakes that caused one of the buck converters to overheat, or I shorted on of the leads in the project box I was using. EIther way I ended up destroying most of the kit I had in that event.

If anyone has a lead on someone that might like to make a few $$ on this kind of work, I would appreciate any leads.

Cheers!