Looking for Freelancer Product Designer/Builder

Hello! I am looking to work with someone who can assist me in designing & building a wood/metal/plastic based swing door that will be used for robotic lawn mowers. I have a design that I use today and build it in my garage. But I want to take it to the next step and get it built using metal/plastic/wood or combination of all. Also have to take into consideration addition of an electronic solenoid based latching system that will enable lock/unlock of the door if needed.
On top of this, the next step is to design and build a custom house for the robotic mower where it can park itself.
It is an interesting project and opportunity. For anyone who is interested, please send me an email at [email protected].
Thanks!

Have you seen the Roombas from iRobot? We own one and it is absolutely remarkable what it can do. It has the ability to map the house, communicate to an iPhone app, clean completely unattended, unless of course it gets stuck in which case it notifies you on your phone and via voice, and ultimately parks/docks to recharge. Plenty of programmable options, too such as scheduling and omitting certain areas.

Quite the remarkable invention. My wife loves the thing.

I’m not able to assist you with your design effort, but I occurred to me that similar technologies might be useful.

Roomba is great! I have 3 of them in my home to cover all rooms and spaces. I do not think Roomba has a requirement for a door or house as it is indoors . I own a smart home company and one of the solutions we offer is a robotic lawn mower. The mower sometimes needs to move between the front and back yards that is separated by a fence. In such a situation we need a gate that allows the mower to move between the yards. We have one that we build ourselves now, but its time for us to make a more efficient and better door… This video here summarizes our solutions and the last part of the video shows the robotic mower and there is a glimpse of our door in the video.

1 Like

@Robodude919