Only Three Tables Left for 2017 Makermade Tables at DMS!

For those interested in getting started in craft fairs and a business of handmade items, this free series of classes was on a recent Talk post:

1 Like

@Photomancer @uglyknees Is this event being advertised outside of the MakerSpace in order to bring in shoppers?

To advertising it within the Space:

• I have seen the new flyers. Good!
  • Start a fresh Talk thread
  • Have the vendors add pics of their wares & a description
  • Send a broadcast email to all members. So many do not read Talk. Too many do not regularly visit the Space.
  • Spin it as a Christmas gift shopping event, highlight the variety of talent.

To advertising outside the Space,

• Iā€™ve got nothing
2 Likes

Whereā€™s @Team_PR?

There are shows that do a lot of local interest stories like Good Morning, Texas on channel 8.

3 Likes

KERA s Art and Seek might be another place There are some other
lists I know of, If we want it out there I will contact them and see what we need to to do to
get it on their lists

1 Like

Thereā€™s also guidelive.com and Dallas observer both share event info

2 Likes

If we advertise it to the public, we need a couple of folks available to give tours and we need someone in the lobby getting folks to sign waivers

2 Likes

I made the flyers and ordered the cards. I havenā€™t been up to the space for two months at least.
Iā€™ve been preoccupied with life (always my thing) I havenā€™t put any effort into advertising outside of the space. This is me being honest.

2 Likes

Taking an interest in oneā€™s life is a good thing. I recommend it for most everyone.

And you are not the lead on this.

1 Like

I posted to a couple of Facebook groups but most of my Facebook groups are to help vendors find shows. As a vendor Iā€™m not really expecting to sell much to other people who can just make things, Iā€™m more interested in seeing what other people make and buying from them. Iā€™m not going to be upset if only a few people show up.

I keep trying to find time to get to DMS to grab a few flyers to leave out but for the first time it wouldnā€™t hurt if it is small so that we can get any issues worked out. Anyone who is really concerned about turnout can help advertise. Iā€™m hoping that I can help out more with the next sale.

3 Likes

Ditto. Iā€™ll have a good time just spending the with you all!

3 Likes

That is kind of you @Julie-Harris & @Webdevel that is a great, and kind, attitude.

Still, your time has value, esp 6+ hours. Some effort should go into attracting customers.
@Team_PR @Photomancer

I would like this to be a regular event for the Space, where everyone wins.

2 Likes

I thought that there was some discussion abot if we wanted oursidere to
come to this one, I would love to see others come

In my opinion not opening it to outsider choppers will mean a very lean
show for the vendors

That drive link is broken btw

I donā€™t know what the deal is. It works and then it doesnā€™t. I donā€™t know if an associated with recent server down issues.

@uglyknees can you repost the link and see if it works. I copied yours, but people are having problems.

Re outsiders

The limitation on outsiders was that the vendors be members. Not a limit on who can come. Thus the printed material to take and disseminate. So spread the word about the show.

Re show expectations

Agree with sentiments of Julie and Jorge as far as Iā€™m open to whatever happens. I do think spreading word will be of benefit. There are some practical limitations at this point, but every little bit helps. But Iā€™m also just looking forward to really seeing/shopping some offerings of fellow makers. And also understanding this is a compressed time-frame this was put together with and it will be a great trial-run to see what works well, and what are opportunities for improvement for the next one. I can see this would be neat to be a recurring thing.

3 Likes

I had problems with the link and would appreciate help.

@uglyknees can you provide, when Iā€™ve posted for some it works and others it doesnā€™t.
This works for me but does not seem to work for all the time. Hereā€™s another link
Makermade.pdf (123.6 KB)

Thanks

Ya I will Iā€™m sorry

Hereā€™s a link to a pdf:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-9lwxsfTaRgcVMwa28yTWZGR3c

Word:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-9lwxsfTaRgeEV3d2RHZFdFNEk/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

2 Likes

Please let me know if it works ok

2 Likes

Three tables left

3 Likes