Looking for Center/Spot drills

I couldn’t seem to find any center drills when I looked for them the other night. I think I recall a spot drill (in the bit bin marked center drills), but no center drills.

Has anyone seen any (in the machine shop)?

1 Like

I think there are some in the bin on the bottom shelf in the cabinets against the wall opposite the Bridgeport.

1 Like

I just saw some the other night but I can’t recall where. If not in the beige cabinets then probably the Haas cabinet, Haas table or on top of the red tool drawers.

1 Like

I saw one in the cabinet behind the Bridgeport on Sunday. It wasn’t a large diameter but it should be enough to start the drilling.

If I recall it was in the little box of drawers to the left near the top of the drawers. In the drawer itself, it was to the left.

1 Like

Ditto - last 2 times I was at the Lathe, there were no center bits in the spot at the top left of the drill bit location in the cabinet where I’d been shown they were in the past.

I hope they aren’t in the drill bit drawers over by the work tables and automotive. :frowning:

Thanks everyone. I found some spot drills tonight, somewhat scattered throughout the bins.

Still no center drills. Perhaps they’re all broken. Or maybe they’re all above my eye level (which is a serious possibility).

But I made do with the spot drill.

Pretty sure there are some in the big tub in the bottom of the gray cabinets. Some still with the plastic dip/coating on them. It was kind of a jumble as I recall, and it was two weeks ago, so it might not be there…

Glad you found a way forward in any case.

1 Like