Looking for a Death-Eater mask

With about 10 days to leakycon im in need of a deatheater mask. I’m wondering if anyone has a cast/mold for a resin mask, or some tips on making one from a base mask.

I’d like it to not be a thin Halloween plastic something. I’ve considered 3d printing but I’m not sure there’s time. Give me some ideas please!

Well, now. I feel stupid for not having divined this would be a thing, let alone having heard about it… Sorry, nothing good to add, but have fun!

Do you have a 3D file, or would that be a ground up build? That might be faster than making a mold for a resin one.

On a related note I am about to order 2 gallons of resin for reasons.

1 Like

FOR MAGICAL ORB REASONS THOuGH!

2 Likes

I couldn’t even afford a day pass lol but everything is sold out anyway, clever name or easily misunderstood name I’m not sure which yet

1 Like

Vacuum form a basic mask shape multiple times then do a shadow box type build with different details on each layer, paint and add foam for comfort? Wet form some thick vegtan to a mannequin face then go to town with your steampunk and electroetching boss skillz on copper plates? I dunno I just wanted one of my comments to be on topic

1 Like

Clever. Universal’s lawyers put the smackdown on anything that is trademarked super fast. Like within 30 minutes in my case… jerks…

At least you weren’t dealing with the Mouse…well not yet anyway. I can still see this being a sitcom sketch where a bunch of incontinence support groups show up and are terribly confused.

New class… Death Eater Mask. I’d be the first to sign up!

2 Likes

Any kind of leather mask class would be cool

1 Like

I don’t have a deatheater mask, but I have an extra deatheater temporary tattoo I could give you.

3 Likes

With a short deadline, could just go commercial and buy one… couldn’t find mask alone but mask included

Rubie’s Harry Potter Adult Deluxe Death Eater Costume https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V1YZKO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BlLyBb5C96474

That would be great! If you’re offer is still good would you put it in my bin in the galley? Webdevel with a green cthulhu on it, usually it’s on the front shelf over by the drink fridge near the bottom.

Update on the mask
I found a great STL for a deatheater mask but alas with a 32 hour print time, it’s not going to happen before this weekend. So I made a leather half skull mask instead à la Goblet of Fire. Wet formed using my resin skull coin bank.

10 Likes

Whoa! That’s downright impressive! Amazing what you can do with wetforming leather.

Every time I read this I wonder what kind of theater uses a “dea theater” mask …

3 Likes

Okay, won’t be today (Monday) but I’ll try to bring it Tuesday morning.

1 Like

Ok, now you gotta teach a wet-forming class. That is seriously cool.

7 Likes

@Webdevel

Temporary death-eater tattoo is in your bin on top of the box marked something about leather tools.

You are awesome! Thanks!

The final piece for my Death Eater cosplay is complete. A belt with wand holster. With more skulls naturally.

8 Likes