Locking Cabinets, for Science!

Science Committee needs locking cabinets for storing valuables, such as laser safety goggles, expensive microscopes and genetics kits. Does anyone have any suggestions for what we should get, and where?

Additionally, Science Committee needs storage shelves to go along the walls.

I would like to hear ideas for the type of workbench and shelving people would like to have for Science Committee.

There where some Bowling alley lockers between Automotive and The WoodShop. I do not know who they belong to, however if memory serves me right they has a “You have been Noticed” notice stuck to them about 2 weeks ago… There are/where similar to these…

Does anyone know who they might belong to…?

…X…

I know that several of those lockers (they are old delivery lockers, either UPS or USPS) have been claimed. Electronics took some, and is setting up locks for them. Haley was going to do the same thing for Creative Arts. Yes, we could use some of those, if they aren’t all claimed. I’m not able to install locks in them, though.

Not able to install locks as in… Not allowed, or lack the expertise?

As far as the lockers… they come up at least once a year on CL. If Science is not in a hurry, then we could probably source the best(inexpensive/Free) ones we can.

…X…

I lack the expertise to install any but the most primitive of locks on the cabinets.

Science isn’t in a hurry, especially now that we have a committee locker. Our new locker isn’t very big, but it will do for a while.

We still needs shelves and work benches, though.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/zip/5155498981.html

2 Likes

I love that color; it’s my favorite price!

Richard,

I love that color; it’s my favorite price!

Then snag it before it’s gone.

JAG “Craigslist - The Place to Find Craigs for Cheap” MAN

Thanks for the tip @jast

Well, did anyone text that guy? @opcode @JAGMAN

…X…

Ben,

Yes, I did even though I don’t believe I have enough bed to haul those things in my truck.

Richard, did you send anything to the CL poster? (just so we don’t get our wires crossed)

JAG “Science - A Closet Case” MAN

I have straps, and I think I can free up a truck… worst thing that can happen is we will not be able to pick them up, thus I urge to contact this individual with those great, free cabinets.

…X…

Ben,

I have straps, and I think I can free up a truck… worst thing that can happen is we will not be able to pick them up, thus I urge to contact this individual with those great, free cabinets.

Don’t worry - if we get dibs on the cabinets, they WILL get delivered. And per my previous post, I did contact him already.

JAG “There Is No Try” MAN

P.S. @jast - good catch, thanks.

Wish I could do more.
A. No way to haul
B. Not enough free time to make the trip
C. Not sure Science is still looking.

Hope they’re yours already!

I did not contact him. Thank you for sending him a message.

They won’t fit in my Honda Civic and my bicycle’s tires are ruined.

I would appreciate any assistance in retrieving these cabinets that anyone could offer.

Thank you.

The cabinets are already gone… (CL notified by email this morning)

JAG “5 Minutes Late - No Dollars Short” MAN

Thanks for trying. Maybe next time.