Local Quilt Shop?

I’d love to hear recommendations from folks on local quilt shops. The one I frequent is in the midst of their “going out of business” sale. And the one that is closest to me, while it’s a wonderful shop, sells only batiks which isn’t always what I’m seeking.

I like in no particular order:
“Stitched with Love” in west McKinney (almost Frisco)
“Blue Ribbon Quilts” is in Wylie on that main street downtown.
“Sew Let’s Quilt It” in Dallas (across the street from Richardson, at Coit/Beltline)
“Quilt Country” in Lewisville (west side of I-35 @ Fox Ave)
“The Old Craft Store” is on the Downtown Carrollton square, not far from DMS.
“Pieced Together Studio” is on the downtown Mesquite square.
“Must Love Fabric” is in Grapevine near the Target store
“Cabbage Rose” is in Fort Worth kinda close to the museum district.
“Sew Dallas” (formerly Compusew in Plano) is moving to the former Plano Bike store building, and is absorbing Best of Bernina. However, I don’t know whether Jessica will have fabric and notions to augment the machines and furniture.

Edit:
I should also mention
Not Your Mamas Quilt Shop (near spring creek/Coit in plano)

4 Likes

Not Your Mamas Quilt Shop is the only one I get to make it to regularly (somehow I always realize I need things on Sunday) and I too am in mourning for Happiness Is Quilting. Quilters Stash in Hurst is also good but I’m not over that direction very often.

1 Like

I like Not Your Mama’s but they only have about 12 bolts of fabric (OK, I exaggerate … but they’re so small …) I end up making poor choices due to the dearth of opportunities.

I love Fabric Fanatics in east Plano, but they only sell batiks.

So, head a bit further east. Blue Ribbon has a LOT. Be sure to go all the way through the store. I was surprised to find a lot of solid prints in the very back that were wonderful.

While they are there (I think the store officially closes in June), Best of Bernina has lots of nice stuff. (Shopping Center with Central Market) I’m trying really, really hard not to buy, since I already have more fabric than I know what to do with, but I seem to ALWAYS leave with a few yards.

Thanks. Both of those are reasonably convenient for me (at least they’re not seriously inconvenient for me :smile:)

And if you make it to best of bernina, you might as well sail on south on Coit a few more miles and check out Patty Kopeck’s store, “Sew Lets Quilt It. NW corner of Beltline and Coit. She’s On the inside end of the part of the center facing Coit.

She has good turnover on her stock, so it’s not like some places that have five-year-old fabric that they are still asking full price for.

2 Likes

I’m used to a certain store in OKC where they might have a lot of bolts but it feels like 80% of it is civil war reprints so having a shop that gets in the full Pinkerville line is a nice change, but I understand what you mean.

1 Like

In other words, brown and more brown. Augmented by brownish.

1 Like

And some ecru, for variety :rofl:

2 Likes