Lobby Display - Current and Prospective

If you have an item on display in the lobby please PM me with your name and a way to contact you -or- come by on Thursdays to fill out a tag.

We need to have all items in the lobby tagged to ensure they are returned to their respective owners and so we don’t have things just sitting and gathering dust.

I am putting a hard deadline on this. All items in the lobby must be tagged by October 1. All untagged items will be moved into the PR closet after that date and held for one month. You must tag or claim your items by then or we will seek to have them donated/disposed of.

If you PM me I can make the tag for you.

Going forward we are keeping a log book of all items as well in case the tag is damaged or lost.

If you have something you would like to display in the lobby PLEASE LET US KNOW!

We want to show off what our members are making! All areas are welcome. If you have something to show please, please contact me.

Any and all items in the lobby are assumed to be ok to be posted on Social Media unless instructed otherwise

9 Likes

Do you mean untagged?

1 Like

Thank youuuuu :flushed:

1 Like

Please see PM

1 Like

I’ll send photos of mine to you

1 Like

I’m out of the country for another week please do not dispose or donate of my art. On the other hand you might want to check the rules on that. I don’t think you can do either.

@mrjimmy can to put a tag on my glass item please?

Thank you
Anita

1 Like

I’ll tag Anita’s stuff.

Who has the key to get things out of the case?

Can we plan a display of our state fair winners bar starting in November after they’re able to pick up their work? It would be absolutely wonderful if we could have this exhibit up by the time we have the Mako Mermaid show.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t disagree with tagging, but I think the wording could be improved.

Definitely tagging is a great idea. I think unclaimed stuff would have go on the lost and found for 30 days, then into storage by logistics for 30 days?

Slightly off topic but I think a great visual impact and talking point would be to have a small display in the area of the functional discipline - Just for example- Woodshop - a display of something like a bandsaw box, bowls, pens, cutting boards. Fired Arts - Mugs, coasters, vases, etc. CA - Leather and or fabric creations from members. Ad Infinitum for the other amazing stuff I see day to day. The guide could speak briefly about the skill set used for those objects in that area.

The reason for it being in the area it is made in would be to allow the guide or a rep from the area to explain briefly the tools and processes used in the making and available to makers.

I know that my tour was such a whirlwind between signing the waiver and following the group that I hardly had time to appreciate the lobby demo offerings. Basically the lobby was overload - Having the demo spread through the tour might be a good way to spark additional interest in the range of skills that makers can explore here.

5 Likes

Sorry - Meant this to be a general reply to the topic.

So not that I dont want to display maker made items, but is the pole going to stay in the way of the bathrooms on tour night?
Meant to reply to thread.
@Kevin @Team_PR

It’s over 4’ of clearance. The doors are 3’ the blueprint of the building is inbetween that. I made sure it didn’t impede anything. If they can’t fit through the entrance than I think the bathroom is a mute point.

With all due respect, I think the better question is are we willing to accept the liability it presents.

We’ll discuss as a team tomorrow and decide what to do with the pole.

It’s been stress tested & analyzed
10 tons at the top.
We could lift any of the cars in the parking lot with it.

It’s seriously overbuilt.
Don’t take my word for it, take @StanSimmons

3 Likes

I’m not worried about it failing, I’m worried about people tripping over it, or hurting themselves because they screwed around on it.

Also, you might consider that is static stress simulation. Someone being on the pole would most definitely be dynamic :stuck_out_tongue:

Ask for a tripping Hazard ask for a tripping hazard I will see Friday night if I can see the base of it so I don’t trip I would save a legally blind person doesn’t find it a tripping Hazard then it’s likely not certainly not as bad as the steps in front of the old Lobby that multiple people tripped and fell down multiple times.

The other concern I would have is if a wheelchair can go past it and it looks like it probably could my husband went past it the other night with a walker and he says he didn’t have any problem in fact he didn’t really even notice it was there. If someone comes into the spaces line they’re going to be using a cane to feel for things like the bass… I’m not sure it’s any more of a trip Hazard than the dog on legs stick out on the red chair. I don’t know if you haven’t noticed but if you don’t watch it they stick out from under the chair and there are a trip Hazard and you know I don’t think we’ve had anybody trip on them even though I’ve almost tripped and so have others. We need to realize that there’s many different things in the space that people can trip over. The only thing I can say that we might want to do is maybe put some reflective tape on the bottom on the side where people have to pass I don’t know I’ll look at it when I come