List of ideas to reduce damage to tools in the Woodshop

@charlielong @jottwell - I worked up the attached PDF for the bandsaw. Like you, I think it is a great idea to have a one page guide attached to each power tool that might also include a link to the wiki for more information for things like fine-tuning the tool and more advanced techniques.Onesheet - Bandsaw.pdf (220.1 KB)

3 Likes

The appron idea I like and will be dawning one from time to time

2 Likes

Copying this from another thread:

I started up a google doc for what signage to include around the shop and on specific equipment. Anyone who wants to take a look and offer suggestions on what to add is more than welcome!

I haven’t gone through all the equipment on the list yet, but will be making updates throughout the week.

This is in regards to dust collection but yall think there’s any value to be gained by putting a strip of yellow vinyl or tape over the part of the blast gates that kinda dip down? The handle part? Make it stand out more vs just grey, so when you walk up to a machine it catches your eye to remind you to flip it open. The grey just fades into the background.

9 Likes

I think that would be a great solution. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but something that catches the eye would be great.

I’ve cut the vinyl for this, just haven’t applied it yet. Will do that…eventually.

2 Likes

That sounds great - Making them more visible would be excellent!

3 Likes

Let me know if you want me to put the tape on. Thanks!

1 Like

cheaper power sanders would be a smart move. i saw the price listings posted in the repairs thread. seems silly. i have a Harbor Freight at home and it does everything i need it to.

Harbor Freight tools are a 1.5x used. After that just becomes more trash.

It is becoming apparent that there are diverging use cases in woodshop. People that want to do woodworking and those that need to salvage crap wood for a quick project. The latter is very hard on tools.

3 Likes