Light replacment

Jim, Tim and all
I meet some of you at the last cleaning day and I volunteered to replace some lights. I am available for 2 or 3 hours this weekend to install the new lights. If we have the materials on site please let me know and I will come down and knock out as many as I can, I just need to know a few things:
-location of new lights/materials?
-confirm we are removing old florescent lights/components (including ballasts) and installing LED lights?
-disposition of residue as some contain hazards materials
-onsite availability of ladder/lift and location?
I am also donating an air needler to make de-slagging the support slates on the CNC plasma table easier.
Thanks and standing bye

1 Like

We’re currently still waiting for the next bulb batch (it’s piggy backing on expansion orders)

Yup

Disposal will be a box provided with the new bulbs; it is prelabled to ship off to a disposal facility

By the freebie shelf / workshop entrance there is the ladder home.

Neat

ok, I will standby until you let me know the new bulbs are in.

Jim - correct me if I misunderstood the plans, but for clarification - we’re rewiring the existing fixtures to bypass the ballast. We’re not replacing the entire fixtures. Right?

Correct
and then some

1 Like

I had also volunteered for lighting crew when supplies arrive.

Sorry for confusion, I too understand that just florescent bulbs/components come out and LED/components go in to existing fixtures. Covers to be replaced when available…

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to be a pill. I just want to clarify what you’re volunteering for … replacing the entire troffer may be a different skill set than rewiring the fixture.

Thanks so much for volunteering to do this!