Light Painting Portraitures - Workshop Today@7@FTWCamera

Come out to Fort Worth Camera @7pm
I met Kirk up at DMS when I first joined along with Roxy
Super cool people.

He’s the best yoga, aerial, pole light painting photographer in maybe the nation.
Now he’s the brand ambassador for Fort Worth Camera and has a light painting workshop today at their studio.

Lightpainting_Vol_3 from Kirk Edwards on Vimeo.

Some of his work
https://kirkae.com

I’ll be there if anyone wants to carpool
Signup on eventbright $150

Preformatted text

It’s also really easy to make your own light wands With like left over acrylic just laying around the lasers and the use the Digital Media cameras to take photos. We have the stuff to do this around the space so let’s go learn it.

https://lightpaintingtubes.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkbvhxrqX5QIVR77ACh2u9wCnEAAYASAAEgIGtfD_BwE

Kevin, thanks for letting us know. Since:

For those of us that can’t make it today, when should we be looking out for a class at DMS?

1 Like

Workshop was awesome

Give me a few weeks. I need to test our gear like remote shutter, get some supplies approved to purchase to make some light wands people can use and test everything out. Probably need like $50 of material to build an assortment of light wand things. But I’m excited to try and transfer this skill to people.

If anyone wants to donate some flash lights,translucent tubes, scrap acrylic or fiber optic stuff that would help

Here’s my first crack at it last night.
These are raw photograph previews before any editing was done.

Some editing

Before editing

^ You’re welcome

2 Likes

Not completely off-topic, this was my introduction to “light painting”

taken from this post about this family’s camping in their newly reborn van

If you read through the thread, he elaborates a bit on how he does shots like this

and if you have any interest in building camping vans, this makes for an interesting read, as much about the equipment and van and the treks as the photography.

This is a neat-o looking technique, and I look forward to seeing what DMS does with it!

2 Likes