Light Kit (photo/video modelling lights) needed

All tools at the space are intended for being used at the space, but you would have to check with @uglyknees the committee chair who is hosting the equipment for a final ‘official’ opinion.

Thanks. There have historically also been some tools that were intended as loaner tools (some of the old photo gear, some others. They had sign-out sheets and such); it isn’t without precedent, which is why I asked the question.

Cool, I wasn’t aware of that. Only been a member since March.

For the lighting gear I’m going to say it needs to stay here at Makerspace. A good handful of people have started to use it moderately regularly so I think it’s best if it stays close to home.

1 Like

No sweat, thanks for the response. Similar gear was easy to rent. :slight_smile:

I’m unaware of checking out materials for the day - I will ask around and see how others do it.

BTW, Nicole, one of the other members, can’t remember her name, asked me about part of the lighting gear she couldn’t find since it was reorganized. Specifically there were two ‘adapters’ which allowed mounting the light and umbrellas to the light stand.

Do you know where they are and did she contact you?

She did contact me and I haven’t seen them. David and I moved the items to the tub when we were working on the classroom cleanup. I didn’t see it but next time I’m up at the space I will tear up the room for sure.

1 Like

If it’s this David, I don’t remember seeing them.

If it helps, this is what she is looking for

Laughing to self, well aware of what they look like. My nickname Photomancer is because I have enough equipment and costumes (150+) to run a studio. Just haven’t been active in photography in about 5 years. Need to take it back up - need to find someone interested in possibly opening a studio as a partnership, I have that much equipment and props.

Oh I rechecked around the CA room, I don’t see them.

Well that sucks!1234

:jawdrop Wow, I know a lot of people who would love to do that! Where would this studio be located?

Sorry, just wanted to be clear about what we were looking for. I too have a ton of studio gear; however, I have no interest in a studio, nor of keeping the gear. My current life aim is to get rid of stuff.

Was just thinking out loud.

For ya’lls edification @wandrson :smiley: :
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Cribkeeper

note that this is a remnant, and the last tool known by me to be loaned at all was the (now defunct) pressure washer; we no longer have a Cribkeeper, and all this is academic, so far as I know.

@wandrson how much are they do you know? I want to make sure everything is nice and usable-so I should get them reordered. I think I’ll be able to come up to the space on Saturday and hopefully something will come up.

Theyare only about $20 a pieceif they don’t show up.

No. As far as I know nothing owned by the makerspace is loaned out. Ever. At one point a system existed to borrow tools from the makerspace but it was abandoned for many good reasons.

1 Like