Lift class today or this weekend?

Is anyone free today or this weekend for a lift class?

I’ll be there Sat after 5pm

1 Like

I’m interested in a lift class as well

1 Like

I’ll be at the space for around/after 5pm sat to help someone in automotive and will give a lift class to anyone that wants to show up through about 10pm

could there be one monday or tuesday?

Josh,

I’ll put them on the calendar for 8pm Tuesdays

This Monday I am not available

1 Like

thank you! I appreciate it.

1 Like

You’re welcome! See you Tuesday

1 Like

Hi,

Is this still happening today? I’m here but not sure if I’m in the right area.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Like

It is, I am running late due to work.

2 Likes

Hmmm. the lift is in use right now.

Nice meeting you, Tom. Thanks for walking me through the auto section and how to use the lift! Looking forward to being a member.

Alex

Welcome to the Space Alex! It was a pleasure showing you around.

Automotive is just one of many great features at the Makerspace!

Alex,

PSS9 kit without Damptronic is $2055
With Damtronic is just under $2600

I’ll ask if there is any flexibility in the pricing tomorrow.

That’s a nice piece of kit.
What car is it for?

Thanks, Tom. Those are the prices I’ve been seeing online as well. No pressure at all because as you touched on yesterday, the markup on dampers are almost nonexistent.

The reason I was looking into the cheaper KW application is because I’m also going to get adjustable camber plates, which run about $400, and possibly control arms. Ideally would like to keep my suspension setup around $2K, all in.

1 Like

It’s for a 2011 Cayman

1 Like

Dampers (shocks for most folks) in the better quality level or OE /OEM that is typically true, They are not a high profit item.

If it was a cooling fan assembly (the electric one in front of the radiator for the AC)for say a BMW X5 that always fails(also see BMW engine cooling electric water pump) - then the markup is scary

Alex (in the event you didn’t know)

Pelican parts has some of the best tech articles and “how to” procedures on Euro cars.

http://www.pelicanparts.com

Nice.
Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. PSS9s are sturdy with the damping that ranges from almost stock to 7 different levels of harsh(for road). :smiley:
KW, no personal knowledge. Only know that they do make motorsports spec gear. Some guys I know use them and they swear by them, however that seems to be their first/only experience with coil overs so…

1 Like