Lewisville Soup: September 13th

Hello Maker family - I run a dinner called Lewisville Soup and it’s coming up this week - I’m hoping you can attend or at least come support Josh by pestering him about his 4-minute pitch. Bring $10 cash at the door per person (this is gifted away) and a pot luck dish.

September 13, 2019 Hedrick House 1407 Creekview Dr, Lewisville, TX 75067 6-9p

6pm doors open
6:30 presentations begin
7p q&a
7-8p dinner/casual conversation
8:30p money awarded
9pm we clean up and leave

This months soup
@Josh_Melnick will be presenting “how to make Lewisville better with Science”
Ms. Teen Texas Wheelchair will be bringing the concept of universal design (she’s presenting remotely due to a issue with transportation)
and a 9-yr old will be bringing her startup company - she’s making anxiety breaking jewelry

Here’s what someone wrote about it and I feel it rounds it out pretty well:
Lewisville Soup is a micro-funding dinner where attendees break bread together and then hear pitches from people who want to do small projects to make Lewisville a better place. The attendees then get to vote on who gets all the funds (everyone’s combined $10 entrance fee). Money awarded the last two SOUPs have been about $500 each time. But the more people we get to come, the larger the pot and the more friends we get to meet. This program is completely resident-run (it’s run by me) and is a grassroots movement in Lewisville to make the city even more loveable. I will be there with my family. Hope some of you can meet us there.

Want to know more? Join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1967394373570281/

6 Likes