Letterpress Restoration Collab

Hello Makers,

Looking to start an interest group in antique press restoration. I have a letterpress background but have never restored an old press. We have an old rusty press in printmaking I’d like to completely restore. Is anyone interested in this subject or have some knowledge to share? See press pictures below. I’ve posted an event to start the discussion called Press Restoration, sign up if interested.

Let me know if you have questions.

Lisa Letters

4 Likes

Bill Gee @Bill restored the one DMS has. It was a mass of rust, but we got it working and there were classes held by an instructor from Denton.

This one is in great shape compared to where we started - where started in CA. PM me some time about getting together. But @Hardsuit and @Print_Witch are the most knowledgeable.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying to this post. I have spoken to Astrud and Paul about the letterpress you restored. I am the person who is teaching in the letterpress area for the last couple of years. If you can join me on 3/16, Thursday from 7pm-9pm to discuss this in more detail that would be great. I have an event in the calendar for that day, I’m trying to organize a group of people to gather and discuss this. Hope to see you there.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19377

1 Like

I’m afraid you give me far too much credit.

My recollection was that you did the restoration while I offered a helping hand once in awhile.

2 Likes