Let's Talk about Happiness

Never thought to use a cracker! However a little bit of cream cheese and pepper jelly on a captains wafer is heaven on earth.

1 Like

I don’t know if its ACTUALLY fewer calories or anything, but I eat it slower on a cracker and so I’m better able to savor it. When its on bread I tend to wolf it down. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I am trying real hard to remind myself that calories still exist. :rofl:

I’m a big snack/grazer and being home has only made me love cheese its more…

The Instacart shopper got me bacon pimento cheese spread for my pimento cheese grits. Made me sad because it tasted like artificial bacon. Made my own pimento cheese from scratch was eye opening will never buy store bought again.

Now what to do with the 30 Yukon gold potatoes from the same delivery?

2 Likes

oofff that’s a lot of potatoes.

My friend has a secret family recipe for dinner rolls that have mashed potatoes as an ingredient. They are HEAVENLY.

If -I- had a surplus of potatoes I would be on the warpath to figure out that darn recipe…

We have made two pieces of wall art using old metal barrel rings and scrap wood…using the scroll saw. And we also made a bread using scrap wood as well and to cut that we used a jig saw. Notes: Hate jig saws!!! Miss the band saws!!!

2 Likes

Not saying any of these are they, but here are some:

Latkes are on my list…

and ever since I found out she does Jenny Can Cook, I’ve wanted to try Jenny Jones Hashbrowns (yep, THAT Jenny Jones, if you’re old enough to remember the Jenny Jones Show)…

1 Like

Can’t shake the feeling I’m eating icing any time I have Nutella. It doesn’t help that I know it’s Rocher

2 Likes

@coffeebean That’s all fantastic!

@jast You are the MVP of the day. I’m gonna scour through those and see if any are similar to what I’ve seen her do…

1 Like

I’ll give up Ferrero Rocher when I’m dead. That’s the only Nutella I refuse to deny myself.

3 Likes

Fixing arcade game boards and posting details on them to Facebook in my business group and in one of the repair groups. Staying busy keeps your mind from focusing on the negatives.

Sunday I smoked a pork shoulder and we had BBQ sandwiches with an incredible homemade sauce that Robin concocted. Yesterday was a breakfast hash with eggs, hash browns, and diced smoked pork shoulder that she surprised me with. Last night I diced up a bunch and fried it up with cabbage. Tonight I took some fresh veggies that were getting a bit old, diced them up, and cooked them with some diced up pork shoulder, Clark’s Outpost BBQ rub, some taco seasoning mix, and her homemade BBQ sauce. That was put over soba noodles. :slight_smile:

I love to cook! (Hate to clean)

3 Likes

It’s SO easy to do! If you have a Kroger’s near you with the fancy cheese section, look for the mark down cheddars and other semi- to hard cheeses. They make some incredibly flavorful pimento cheese!

2 Likes

but… Nutella and J?

2 Likes

I hear you about the Nutella. I was thinking about it as a substitute for PB a while back, until I looked at a jar and realized just How Much Sugar it had. Hmmm… bet I could get a plain nut butter, and add cocoa…

2 Likes

That looks and sounds DELICIOUS!

I’ve been cooking more as well! It’s (mostly) relaxing especially since I rarely found time to explore new things in the kitchen in the Before Times. I hope to get to your level one day!

Both Adam and Myself enjoy cooking and cleaning so we are quite lucky in that regard! :slight_smile:

I’ve never tried to repair any kind of game. Is it difficult to learn?

@ryan oof I wish. I have some delicious berry jam right now that would be heavenly with Nutella. cries in acne

@dryad2b Just try it. You might be among the blessed and not break out. There is no substitute.

1 Like

I’m doing component level repair. It really depends on what game board it is, what the problems are, and if schematics are available or not. Some are much easier to repair than others - all it takes to learn is a logic oriented brain that can break things down into small section - CPU, Memory, Reset, Clock, Address Decoding, Inputs, Audio (digital circuit and analog amplifier), etc…

1 Like

If you ever want to learn, start with Pac Man or Centipede as there are a lot of repair logs out there, detailed schematics are available, and troubleshooting guides are around too.

1 Like

Not much has changed for me. I don’t let things like this define me. I choose to live & not survive. Ive taken my boys fishing, worked on the garden, work on the lawn mower. Helped my neighbor with his Tacoma, his lift & wiring.

I do miss the social aspect of the space, the people.

Ive spent some time learning Python.

Not so fun is getting 2 new laptops for my kids to do their school work, without excuses.

5 Likes

It’s Nick’s senior year of high school. Our struggles are those of a final year up in flames: no prom; no graduation; no Eagle Scout Court of Honor; no house full of out-of-state family to celebrate with; no campus orientation. We don’t talk much about this to anyone but ourselves, as others are suffering with loss of income, illness and death. But since you asked, there it is.

On the other hand, the Great Pause is allowing us to slow down and spend time together before Nick leaves home, versus the crazy end of year run up to graduation/orientation/report-to-campus. We are cherishing this as much as possible. We’ve decided to do things we’ve always meant to do, but haven’t had the time. One example: playing our favorite board game, Memoir '44 (commemorates the Allied invasion), from start to finish, all 17 battles played twice, so we can switch sides. We’re tracking the results on scoreboard in the foyer. Things are not looking good for the Allies right now. We even took the game outside on a cool day.

10 Likes